• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anima Dulcis for me today.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
ohh, nice. What do you make of the Dulcis?

I'm going to do a Incandescent here, and actually wear some perfume to bed! I'm going with MDCI Chypre Palatin! sweet dreams?

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ohh, nice. What do you make of the Dulcis?

I'm going to do a Incandescent here, and actually wear some perfume to bed! I'm going with MDCI Chypre Palatin! sweet dreams?

I really, really enjoy the Anima Dulcis. It would be so easy to get that chili note wrong, but it's blended perfectly with the vanilla and cocoa. It's sweet, but it's qualitatively different from the kinds of sweetness that are typical in gourmands.

Also, I think Chypre Palatin is a masterpiece. I don't have a consistent and well-defined top five, but Chypre Palatin would certainly be close. I like it much better than Invasion Barbare, which is the MDCI that gets all the attention.

I'm wearing Dries van Noten for my eveningtime scent. This is better for cooler weather, but I like it so much that I wanted to wear it now. This was one of those rare love at first smell scents. Reading reviews online, it looks like lots of other people are pretty indifferent about it.

Petepan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
How long did that last on you? SOTD: D & G Masculine

Last edited:

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pre-shower: Amber Oud (by Kilian). This is a perfect example of how the slightest change could take a scent from good to wonderful. I think it's undeniable that this smells very nice. But the Madagascar vanilla (somewhat boozy) is just a little too dominant, and I want some other notes to add complexity and interest. (I'd like the oud to be more prominent, for example.) This is also how I feel about Frapin 1270; it could be fantastic, but it settles for smelling "nice." (Of course, from a marketing perspective, I'm sure they've made the right choice.)

SOTD: Gris Montaigne from the Dior Collection Privee.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today: L'Instant d'Guerlain.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Champaca Absolute for my eveningtime scent.

fungz0r

Reaction score
Really thinking about getting a bottle of the cdg incense kyoto

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today: Mitsouko parfum.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads