• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I liked hearing that french pronunciation yesterday, but the american one is pretty stuck in my head.

Wearing Derby today. Pronounced DehrBEE.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pre-shower: Iquitos
SOTD: Tobacco Vanille

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SOTD - Frapin Speak Easy...but I was/am worried its gone bad as I wasnt getting much scent so I threw some 1270 into the Mix as well. Frapin all round

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I put on a tiny, TINY dab of ELdO Rien on my left wrist this afternoon - this is what I imagine what the boots of Mike Rowe, from "Dirty Jobs", smell like.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I wore that yesterday.

I can't tell a lie: I don't really like the opening of Iquitos very much. I think it's the combination of spices and aldehydes that remind me of moth balls. It's weird because it doesn't literally smell like moth balls, but I can't help but perceive it that way. Once it gets into the more floral heart, I like it a lot better. But that takes a while.

Also: I hadn't worn Tobacco Vanille in a long time. (Just recently got another decant.) One thing I noticed pretty quickly was that it's the fruit notes that really make this scent perfect. I've never seen anyone even mention the fruit notes before.

Last edited:

pazzion

Reaction score
I managed to get a sample of Frederic Malle's Carnal Flower earlier this week, and I wore it yesterday. I am not quite sure if it's my type of scent (guy, early twenties and mostly wears suits to work and law school). But WOW! What an interesting and amazing scent. I will have to try it on a couple of more times to see if I can wear it without being overly self-conscious about it, but I really hope that I can. I usually hate scents that are flowery and powdery (that smells and feels like you've just got a big bouquet of flowers thrown in your face with loads of pollen just stuck all over your face and nose), and this sure is a flowery smell. But I get nothing of the bouquettotheface-sensation with this one. Instead, it's all soft and heavy but still light and really, really fresh. As the name so eloquently states: it's a really meaty flower-scent.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I managed to get a sample of Frederic Malle's Carnal Flower earlier this week, and I wore it yesterday. I am not quite sure if it's my type of scent (guy, early twenties and mostly wears suits to work and law school). But WOW! What an interesting and amazing scent. I will have to try it on a couple of more times to see if I can wear it without being overly self-conscious about it, but I really hope that I can. I usually hate scents that are flowery and powdery (that smells and feels like you've just got a big bouquet of flowers thrown in your face with loads of pollen just stuck all over your face and nose), and this sure is a flowery smell. But I get nothing of the bouquettotheface-sensation with this one. Instead, it's all soft and heavy but still light and really, really fresh. As the name so eloquently states: it's a really meaty flower-scent.

Good for you, because beautiful is beautiful regardless of gender. If you want a tuberose that is beautiful and yet considered strange by most, try Tuberose Criminelle by Serge Lutens. I personally don't find it strange because to me it smells exactly like what a room smells like when it contains a ripe tuberose flower.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pre-shower: Prada Candy. Perception is such a strange thing. I haven't worn this for about a year. In the past, I've always thought it smelled like burned plastic. I didn't like it at all. But today I smelled it as a sweet, creamy, benzoin dominant scent. And it smells quite pleasant.

SOTD: Anima Dulcis. I mentioned this in another thread the other day, but my cat used to always think this was called Animal Duchess. Of course she thought it was for her.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Prada Candy is a very high quality scent.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads