1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Yeah. Have you tried it? It's a smoky vetiver with a snuffed candle component very similar to Comme des Garcons 2 Man. It's good, and more natural smelling than 2 Man, but the price difference between the two is too much.

1 person likes this.
  2. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Hey gang I am wearing Le Jardin de Monsieur Li today. Hate to say it, but it's probably my second least favorite of the Jardin series. (Mousson is my least favorite.)

3. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

I am wearing Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur today.

4. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

5. Homme

Homme Senior member

ELDO Rien today and yesterday. Noticed the incense in the dry down much more so than in the past after it was pointed out. Great dry (as in lacking sweetness) leather.

6. LEVOOSH

LEVOOSH Senior member

Continuing my Summer Scent review series. Wearing Bergamote 22 by Le Labo today.

I'm really enjoying this. The citrus top notes are much softer in this than the others I've tried. There's a creaminess in the dry down that is very pleasant, between the vanilla, musk and amber it is a beautiful scent.

As and EDP it is lasting longer and projecting better than the other couple of citruses I've tried so far.

7. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Today I'm wearing Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree. Man, this fragrance is powerful and one of the few that I just need one spray of.

8. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Senior member

Truefitt and Hill 1805 today.

9. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Creed Aventus. For the first time ever, my scent was noticed. Two middle-aged women in an elevator asked me what I was wearing, and one of them said she needed to buy it for her 35-year-old son.

2 people like this.
  10. L'Incandescent

Tam Dao for me today. Nobody said anything to me because no one else was in the office.

11. noirwest

noirwest Senior member

Le Labo Tubereuse 40 today.

12. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Very interesting - on Basenotes, when people are discussing what fragrance provokes the most compliments, Aventus is by far the most often mentioned. I honestly found it unbelievable until, actually, you bring it up on here.

13. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

I've smelled probably 1000+ scents, own and have worn a few hundred, and used to work at a shop selling the various lines and I can honestly say that there's something about Aventus that attracts a huge amount of comments/complements. There's some sort of chemical, or I don't know what. Also maybe partly the smell becuase i find it has a dry sharp rawness that cuts through the air, sort of like Tuscan Leather actually, and then there's the fruity sweetness when you get closer. so something about the smell/construction, or my opinion is there's some kind of pheromone or something in there because I've never heard about or even personally experienced so many complements compared to almost any other scent I know of.

TLDR - believe the hype

1 person likes this.
  14. California Dreamer

15. b1os

b1os Senior member

Last few days:
    Antaeus. Nice, but little projection this time.
    Lumière Noire. Good. Relatively delicate.
    Oud Silk Mood. Very good! Lovely creamy mix of roses, oud and other stuff.

16. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Today I wore La Fin Du Monde, which is a very fun and enjoyable scent to me, on par to a loose degree with L'Artisan's Dzing!. Both are, to me, conceptual pieces, yet smell very good; they also both make me compare the two subconsciously with their popcorn note. La Fin Du Monde, though, is all about the iris, which they paired with a powerful gunpowder note that reminds me of high-potassium and nitrogen grass fertilizer. Yeah, like I said, a conceptual piece.

1 person likes this.
  17. California Dreamer

Coze today. Doesn’t seem to have lasted very long. I’m still making up my mind on this one.

18. L'Incandescent

Yesterday: Arabian Wood by Tom Ford
    Today: Parure by Guerlain

19. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

I still have a little bit of Prarure extrait left.
    Today I was in a store and tried on some Aventus again. I can see why it's such a compliment getter - it's chock-full of Iso E Super, much like Terre d'Hermes.

20. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

Hmmm, maybe time to test out aventus again. Last time I wore it, it was still cold outside so maybe my thoughts will change with the season. Didnt really see the hype the first few times I wore it.