1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. eglbc

eglbc Senior member

SOTD is mona di orio vetyvier. Very strong and smokey for a vetyiver.

2. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

I'm under the impression that Indian vetiver is quite smokey whereas Haitian vetiver is more green and "fresh", so I don't know the proportions and makeup, but my memories of smelling it years ago at MiN is the same as yours.

3. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

Cafe Rose today. Fantastic stuff. End of report.

4. Nemesis_4

Nemesis_4 Well-Known Member

That Mona Di Orio is an excellent fragrance, been debating pulling the trigger on that one for a while, I find Vanille to be fantastic as well - anyway on the opposite end of the vetiver spectrum- I"m wearing TF Grey Vetiver EDP today

5. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

That's one of my very favorites!

I'm wearing Vanilla Flash today.

6. California Dreamer

Today I’m trialling Jasmin Rouge. Hmm. I’m not certain about jasmine; I can’t think of a jasmine scent that I’d consider unisex, let alone masculine. I think this is bit more more girly than I like, although I don’t mind it as a scent.

7. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Today, I'm wearing Satori Iris Homme.

I also bought a bottle of Anat Fritz Classical. I think it's the lavender fragrance I've been looking for.

8. Shinystuffbuyer

Shinystuffbuyer Senior member

9. L'Incandescent

Stilettos on Lex was my SOTD of the day.
    SOTE is Parfum d'Hermes. Pretty nearly the same as Rouge Hermes.

Last edited: May 16, 2015
  10. California Dreamer

Champaca Absolute. I wore this on a Sunday so that nobody would notice that I had it on. It starts out like lolly-water, an instant ugh, but the florals drown that out pretty quickly. It’s still too sweet for my taste, though. Not a scent that we sun-bronzed Aussie blokes would wear (try to imagine Mad Max sporting it). No wonder it’s hard to find here.

Last edited: May 16, 2015
  11. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

This is a pretty fragrance, but I don't enjoy wearing it at all.

Today, I'm wearing some vintage Kouros. The weather is cold, overcast/foggy, so I'm quite enjoying it today. It also helps that I don't have to be around anyone that has to smell me. It's funny, I'm getting a very tenacious citrus from today's wearing (three hours so far) - it's a dried orange peel and not exactly fresh feeling, but still.

12. L'Incandescent

Amouage Sunshine. I've mentioned this before, but the name is misleading. It's a somewhat heavy, sweet almondy vanilla scent with a prominent black currant note at the top that is reminiscent of cough syrup.

13. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

As a kind of experiment I wore LIDGE today and was a wee bit heavy for the nice warm day. Oh well

The Amouage reminds me L'inc, Im supposed to be getting another round of samples tomorrow which includes jubilation xxv, interlude man, and memoir man. Got a bunch of others too. Damn this new hobby/obsession. Im all excited.

1 person likes this.
  14. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

I bought a bottle of L'Instant de Guerlain and I don't really like it, but maybe someday I will.

Last night, I wore the original, 1970s version of Gucci Pour Homme. Old fashioned herbaceous fougere.

Today, I'm wearing Kolnisch Juchten. This is a comforting scent to me.

15. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

You gotta get the Eau Extreme (edp) of L'instant. I think @California Dreamer did a back to back with the regular and eau extreme and stated the the latter was way better

16. L'Incandescent

@HORNS I assume you bought the masculine, right? The feminine is a magnolia scent.

In my opinion, both the masculine L'Instant scents are quite good. The extreme has a much more prominent patchouli note, IMO, whereas the regular L'Instant pour Homme features cocoa more prominently. If the regular one had more staying power, I think I'd prefer it to extreme.

Pre-shower: Une Fleur de Cassie. I used up my supply of this this morning, and I will definitely be buying more. Based on reviews I've seen, this is a love-it-or-hate-it perfume, and I can understand why. It's a floral, but it's not pretty in any conventional way. And there's a big dose of cumin! I love it.

SOTD: Eau de Magnolia. I think I've reached a settled judgment about this, which is that it's too creamy and cloying for my taste.

17. 1up

1up Senior member

Tobacco Vanille paired with Tuscan Leather is amazing.

18. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

Last edited: May 18, 2015
  19. L'Incandescent

Thanks for the heads up, M-C. No, I haven't tried that. It looks quite interesting based on the note pyramid and the reviews. My only concern is the cardamom, which is a note that sometimes ruins perfumes for me. I will give it a try, though.

20. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

well I figured since you like Cassie which always struck me as a rather musty dry spicey floral, the other thing of note about Fennel's is that (I haven't checked recently) but it used to be pretty dirt cheap like $30-40 or something and it's very well composed considering nobody's heard of the guy and it's so cheap. I think it may have had some discussions on BN about 6-7 years ago and has now fallen off the radar.