• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

No, L'Inc I've never heard of it until now, but just reading about it makes me intrigued. Where have you tried this line?

I got a sample from STC. It's very strange, combining leather and a kind of creme brulee sweetness. I'll be honest, I don't like it much at all. But it seemed to me like the kind of thing you might like, or at least be interested in.

I have switched in Lale by Ys Uzac for the evening.

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Evening - me Atelier Orange Sanguine, wife Keiko Mecheri Sodona Blue. Hers wins I think.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I spent all last night writing an article about an old Australian fragrance house. When I saved the final draft, Pages lost the entire damn thing. I am soothing my frustration with a liberal amount of Dior Jules.

Do you write for a living?

Evening - me Atelier Orange Sanguine, wife Keiko Mecheri Sodona Blue. Hers wins I think.

I'm not a big fan of Orange Sanguine; it's just too literal IMO. I haven't tried Sedona Blue, but some of my favorite scents are made by Keiko Mecheri. (I actually like her regular lineup a lot better than her Bespoke line.)

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm not a big fan of Orange Sanguine; it's just too literal IMO. I haven't tried Sedona Blue, but some of my favorite scents are made by Keiko Mecheri. (I actually like her regular lineup a lot better than her Bespoke line.)

It honestly didn't last that long, and it just smelled like OJ on my wrist. My wife's was pretty nice though! When I ordered from Min NY I could request samples so I just told them to add 3 work-appropriate scents for a woman which arrived today. They included 2 Keiko Mecheri's and The Vagabond Prince Enchanted Forest.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, Orange Sanguine makes me smell like I've just cut open an orange and some of the juice landed on my wrist.

I'm actually wearing a Keiko Mecheri now. It is Johana, which I've really come to appreciate a lot, even though I wasn't nuts about it at first.

gong

Reaction score
bought a bottle of dior homme intense today, figured it was about time i've nurtured my sample long enough
nod[1].gif

Last edited:

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Creed MI. I really don't get the hype about this at all. It's really light and completely gone in 3 hours.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Word on the street is that I am wearing Byredo Bullion.

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Switched up since the MI was long gone and went with Coeur de Vetiver Sacre.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Switched up since the MI was long gone and went with Coeur de Vetiver Sacre.

I've gotta say, I don't understand the appeal of MI either. I am actually glad its longevity is so poor because it smells bad to me. (I feel the same way about Tabarome.)

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
An ELDO evening: Tom of Finland for me, Don't Get Me Wrong Baby for she.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have also switched into ELDO for the evening. I am wearing Encens et Bubblegum.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads