1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. designprofessor

designprofessor Senior member

Kiton Men, my small sample is running out, i'll be buying this.

2. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Senior member Dubiously Honored

Creed Orange Spice today.

Similar to Kouros, but without the sharp sour note, and obviously more orange added. An excellent "stinky" citrus (still not as good as Malle Bigarade Concentree, I think, but quite good).

3. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

We moved to a new house this weekend, in another part of town. Spent nearly the whole weekend sweaty and smelly. So my scent of the weekend was Lavender, as in Tom's of Maine Lavender deodorant.

Moving is an interesting ordeal. You are required to take note of and pack each and every one of your possessions, or at least review them and decide whether you will opt to keep or discard. After filling a modest-sized box with shaving soaps and creams, and another box with colognes, I think I might have plenty.

So today is Chanel Antaeus. I wish it were cooler outside, but with three bottles of the stuff, I'd better get cracking.

4. designprofessor

Helmut Lang Cuiron, with grey nailhead suit/pink tie.

5. rach2jlc

Creed Aubepine Acacia... a wonderful citrus scent with something oddly metallic hidden inside. Not what you'd expect from Creed, but a literal breath of fresh air from the usual citrus scents.

6. Dmax

Dmax Senior member

Annick Goutal Eau du Fier.

Smoky with a capital S. Birch tar and some dried apricots but mostly pine needles smoke reminiscent of Lapsang Souchong tea.
    I don't think I could wear this everyday but it provides a nice ocasional "kick in the nostrils".

7. designprofessor

Jo Malone: Pomegranite Noir mixed with Wild fig /Cassis.

8. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Today I"m wearing Fumerie Turque by Serge Lutens!

I tried this Lutens and it became very sweet and sickly.

9. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

I tried this Lutens and it became very sweet and sickly.

Speaking of which, I've yet to develop a fondness for Chergui, since it too is a sugarbomb on me. I have heard some vile things about Musc Kublai Khan, but am not sure whether I should take the plunge. Something tells me it's not exactly work-safe, which might be a problem.

Today, however, is Chanel Antaeus once again, as we've just moved and I'm not yet up to digging through boxes to find the rest of the herd.

10. rach2jlc

LK and Thomas, I'm with you on Lutens and have had that reaction to most of the line (or the dozen or more than I've tried). Santal Blanc and Rakat Loukhoum were the worst, Arabie the most syrupy sweet, Chergui and Fumerie Turque somewhere in the middle, Miel de Bois the most tolerable (but the drydown has an awful sourness that develops).

Anyway, warm and sunny again and so Malle Cologne Bigarade is it for me today. I received a bottle of Annick Goutal Nuits d'Hadrien yesterday and look forward to wearing it tomorrow (it's citrus, but with vanilla and sandalwood added for a little warmth and sweetness).

11. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I've not tried the Kublai Khan but from what I've read, it becomes similar to Kiehl's Musk on some people which is not really a good thing.

Yatagan doesn't seem very work-safe either, though Kublai Khan probably has a more "meaty" smell in contrast to Yatagan's fairly sharper notes.

12. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

I've not tried the Kublai Khan but from what I've read, it becomes similar to Kiehl's Musk on some people which is not really a good thing.

Yatagan doesn't seem very work-safe either, though Kublai Khan probably has a more "meaty" smell in contrast to Yatagan's fairly sharper notes.

Oh, darn. I tried Kiehl's musk and immediately regretted it. I guess that's a thumbs down there. However I do find Yatagan rather work-safe, although I tend to take liberties that others might not venture to duplicate.

13. Maharlika

Maharlika Senior member

Bond No. 9 Noveau Bowery for me today.

14. rach2jlc

Well, I said I'd wear Goutal today, but I changed my mind in favor of Helmut Lang eau de Cologne layered with the eau de parfum. Though technically they are the same fragrance (emphasis put on different notes, however), the two together really are quite unique and play off of each other well. I really regret that the Lang fragrances are still discontinued; they are by far my favorite designer scent (Yohji homme is pretty nifty, too, although it was discontinued when Patou sold the license to P&G)

15. culverwood

culverwood Senior member

Champaca by Ormonde Jayne

16. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Day 3 of Chanel Antaeus. I'm in such a rut. But, it was a chilly 67 out there this morning, so there's hope...

17. Joel_Cairo

Joel_Cairo Senior member

I'm going to lunch today with a woman I met in South Africa a few years back. She is "of a certain age" (50s or so), so I'm going with YSL Rive Gauche PH.

18. designprofessor

Creed Vintage Tabarome, this stuff is almost abrasive...[​IMG]

19. Swann

Swann Senior member

I am wearing Cuiron by Helmut Lang today.

20. rach2jlc

Creed Vintage Tabarome, this stuff is almost abrasive...[​IMG]

If it's good enough for Churchill...

Glad you're sporting it; I always enjoy the more "abrasive" or off-kilter Creeds. Everybody talks about SMW, MI, or GIT, so it's a breath of (fresh? dirty? smoky?) air to get something sultry, sweaty, or just downright odd. VT is one, as is CdR. Ambre Canelle is perhaps the most non-Creed Creed; it's a very sexy, earthy, oily, bodily scent. Likewise, Orange Spice has that Kouros-esque in your face abrasiveness (cheered up with lots of orange), and Cypres Musc has an almost sour foulness about it (in a good way, of course.)