1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Hey guess what I am wearing today foolios. It is Le Labo Ylang 49.

2. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Senior member Dubiously Honored

Agreed. Jeez. That's like buying the whole "OZU COLLECTION" from Criterion for a single weekend. ;)

The original Givenchy Monsieur for me today... the crisp hesperides masterpiece.

1 person likes this.
  3. AdamsFall

AdamsFall Member

Proraso Green Aftershave.

4. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

Cuir Ottoman today. This is one of my favourite leathers.

Speaking of leather, have any of you guys tried Crabtree and Evelyn’s Sienna? I found a FB of the after shave balm in an op shop yesterday for $3. I gather it’s discontinued, so that was quite a nice find. If I ever shave again, i’ll give it a spin. (Been very slack on the whiskers front since unemployment set in).

5. California Dreamer

Today is Ambre 114. Where did the summer go? It’s effing February - supposed to be the hottest month of our year.

On the bright side, the Socceroos just won the Asian Cup!

6. L'Incandescent

Pre-shower: Velvet Orchid. This one is a big disappointment. I've tried this a lot of times now, but I still don't like it any better. I can understand why they'd want to make Black Orchid more office friendly, but they neutered everything that was great about it.
    SOTD: Chanel Beige. When I first smelled this at Nordstrom, I thought it was absolutely wonderful. But now it seems like a fairly generic honeyed floral.

7. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Beige is quite a dull fragrance.

Today, this afternoon I wore Iris Silver Mist, which I like but there's a spicy harshness to it that makes it unsettling to me. If that clove-like edge wasn't there, I suppose it would be just all iris and would therefore be too soft, powdery, and monochrome.

This evening: Portrait of a Lady. This is a fragrance everyone should try.

8. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

How do you apply POAL? I do one spray to the chest (on shirt) and feel like even that is too overwhelming sometimes.

Wore Tom Ford Grey Vetiver today

9. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

Used up the last drops of my Aoud Cuir d'Arabie this morning. I'd like to get a full bottle of this but I don't know if I'm willing to pay the freight. I'm definitely picking up a bottle of Knize Ten soon (not that they're at all alike, apart from a leather note).

10. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

To the chest as well, but you're right in that it is strong - I attempt to do a half spray each wearing.

11. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

Hopefully they're still offering it but Montale had this nice little gift set of 3x20ml bottles in a box and you choose whichever 3 scents you like. Considering they're pretty potent and they have like a million to choose from, I'm happy they offer it and will order a set like that (Full Incense, Black Aoud, Red Vetyver).

Recently have been wearing Parfumerie Generale L'Ombre Fauve which has been a somewhat generic niche but still very enjoyable.

12. L'Incandescent

Pre-shower: Eau Particulière by Diptyque. Some of you who enjoy Geranium pour Monsieur might like this.
    SOTD: L'Etre Aimé Homme. This is an aromatic immortelle scent. I enjoy the immortelle part more than the aromatic part. But it's an interesting combination that I haven't encountered in other scents. (It's not really similar to Eau Noire at all, even though you might expect they'd be in the same ballpark.)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  13. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Today I put on some Comme des Garcons Black (2013) and am strongly reminded of Le Labo Patchouli 24. I really like this one.

14. L'Incandescent

SOTE is Chanel No. 22 vintage. I know it might be illegal to say this in certain jurisdictions, but I prefer the Exclusifs version.

15. California Dreamer

Today I wore the C&E Sienna that I got in the op shop It’s only an after shave balm, so I sprayed some Tuscan Leather on my wrists for a bit of a theme.

In balm form, Sienna is a pretty mild leather, very tolerable, and seems to have good longevity. Of course it pales in comparison with TL, but then the Ford is a hundred times the price, so you’d expect that. I’ll certainly wear Sienna again.

16. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Today I applied two sprays of Yohji Homme to my chest.

17. L'Incandescent

Fleurs d'Oranger by Serge Lutens today. I am not normally a big fan of orange blossom, but I enjoy this one very much.

18. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Senior member

Geo F. Trumper Astor today.

19. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Yeah, this is a good indolic one.

20. Rocco Finisher

Rocco Finisher Member

Tom Ford - Neroli Portofino..smells nice, but IMO it wears off quick for having cost this much.