• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pre-shower: Smellbent Shewolf
SOTD: Fils de Dieu du Riz et des Agrumes

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Kyoto today. I don't wear this that often but I ought to wear it more.

Petepan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SOTD: Djhenne.

Marvelously well made. Poor longevity a letdown, and drydown is nondescript.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today: Avignon.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Champaca Absolute, on which I got a compliment on.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eau d'Orange Verte. Heavy application (4x). Literally didn't smell it anymore after a minute.

In the afternoon, I applied some Allue Homme EB. Fantastic scent, though the longevity (at least w.r.t. projection) is lacking a bit, so I reapplied some more in the early evening.

Last edited:

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^ That's interesting, I get very good longevity and projection with EB.

Petepan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ One of my favourites. Going FB on first opportunity. How are you liking it ATM?

SOTD: Tonka Imperiale. This is fantastic.

I have decided to put my O'Driu aside, after copping a nostril full of curry spices with Xvert yesterday. Maybe I might grow to like the style in the future, but for the moment, no. Astounding that the price of Lalfeogrigio is Euro$888 for 100mL.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Wearing vintage Chanel PM from one of Thomas' bottles acquired via the swap box. I also have my own vintage bottle (labeled Chanel for Men) and a new bottle, and all three versions are different. It's subtle but not hard to detect. Thomas' is the best one. I think my vintage bottle was stored poorly at some point in its lifetime.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^ That's interesting, I get very good longevity and projection with EB.

Most fragrances have weak-ish longevity/projection on me. Or my nose is just extremely prone to scent-fatigue (which is very likely, since I hardly smell scented candles after a few minutes in the room anymore).

Last edited:

Maquis

Reaction score

Wearing vintage Chanel PM from one of Thomas' bottles acquired via the swap box. I also have my own vintage bottle (labeled Chanel for Men) and a new bottle, and all three versions are different. It's subtle but not hard to detect. Thomas' is the best one. I think my vintage bottle was stored poorly at some point in its lifetime.

I was wondering if there was enough of a difference between the vintage and current formulations to spring for a older bottle. I love Pour Monsieur, but I find the my recent bottle doesn't seem to have much projection or longevity. Does the older version address this? (I'm hoping that there's more oakmoss in the base...)

Yesterday: Aedes de Venustas Eau de Parfum (signature scent). I used to really like this, but now I'm not so sure. The citrusy rhubard accord says sunny & bright, but the incense says cold and dark. Identity crisis, or interesting mashup? The verdict is still out...

Last edited:

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^^ One of my favourites. Going FB on first opportunity.  How are you liking it ATM?

SOTD: Tonka Imperiale.  This is fantastic.

I have decided to put my O'Driu aside, after copping a nostril full of curry spices with Xvert yesterday.  Maybe I might grow to like the style in the future, but for the moment, no.  Astounding that the price of Lalfeogrigio is Euro$888 for 100mL.

I'm with you, it's great. My next FB is going to be Invasion Barbare (or at least a ridiculously cheap 30ml sample) so I'm going to hold off on other buys for a while.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today: Givenchy Insense.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads