1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

^ Serous drainage.

2. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

I've been in East Texas for the past week and had no cell reception nor internet access (such internet does exist but just wasn't working). I was wearing Bel Ami this past week.

3. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

L’Etrog Acqua today. The lemon notes in this persist for a very long time indeed. Depending on whether you like them, this would be a love it or hate it proposition. I incline to the former.

4. kulata

kulata Senior member

SOTD Ferrari Essense Oud.

Oud, Leather, Smoky Frankincense and Rose with insane longevity and projection. What's not to love?

5. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Today: CdG Sugi - fresh, peppery pine and perfect for this time of the year where you want something weather-appropriate but not at all heavy.

6. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

SOTD: Rose Nacrée du Desert.
    SOTE: El Attarine. If I were smelling this blind for the first time, I'd know in a second that it was by Serge Lutens.

7. California Dreamer

Slumberhouse Baque. My wife hates this, and I’m not a fan either.

8. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

I like baque, unique scent with the apricot twist in it, shares alot of the same rustic notes and vibe as sova. That being said wouldn't wear either atm more suited to cooler months imo.

Good summer day to be out and about so was Creed Tabarome today.

9. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Today: Derby - hypermasculine scent with lots of Mediterranean herbs in it.

10. Homme

Homme Senior member

I wore El Attarine yesterday. I mustn't be very susceptible to cumin, I don't really get spices (or any violet), just apricots and wood

Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
  11. L'Incandescent

^^ Interesting! When I tried it for the first time, my first thought was "holy crap that's a lot of cumin!"

Pre-shower: Lys Fume
    SOTD: Moss Breches. This is an interesting scent. It's been one of my favorites ever since it was released. It's a shame it was discontinued so quickly. I have a feeling it might register for a lot of people as dated; I definitely get a big '80s vibe from it.

12. California Dreamer

Today is Jazz. Tonight, for NYE, I will be wearing Lyric Man.

13. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Ringing out the Old Year with Knize Ten.

14. kulata

kulata Senior member

Last SOTD for 2014. Chergui by Serge Lutens

15. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

Closed the year with a fragrance that slipped to the back of the wardrobe for the second half of the year, Pure Distance M. Started the day with new year with the refreshing Green Valley.

16. California Dreamer

Today, to unwrap the new year, I unwrapped a new fragrance. HdP’s Veni. A bit too warm and sweet for the hot weather, but it will go down very well when it gets cooler.

17. Lowndes

Lowndes Senior member

Not sure if this is a good spot for my question but yall seem to be the most knowledgeable when it comes to colognes. I have never worn cologne in my life other than stealing some of my dads as a kid. However, I would like to change that by finding a go to cologne that I could virtually wear in any situation, work, nights out, etc. Basically I want to try to find my one "signature scent." I went to a store the other day and tried several different samples but after a bit they just started running together. I liked Creeds Green Irish Tweed the most but that could be because it was the only one I had heard of before. I also liked Creeds Himalaya. Any helpful suggestions on things I should try or how to best find the right cologne?

18. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

Search for a signature scent is something which is very hard to find, you might stumble across it or you may just find that the Creeds tick the boxes you are looking for, but searching for a proper signature scent is an adventure which takes time and you would obviously have to sample a lot of scents otherwise how would you know?

If you are just looking for a quality fragrance you like and that covers all situations I think you've picked a good brand to start with as Creeds are pretty homogenous in the sense that many of them will carry you through all seasons, work fine in and out of the office etc. Might be worth getting some samples before you commit to a bottle eg Himalyas is nice but a lot of people only get 1/2 a day from it. others worth a look would be Spice and Wood, Silver mountain water, Aventus and Millesime Imperial.

19. TheModernDandy

TheModernDandy Member

20. L'Incandescent

That's a great purchase! I enjoy that one a lot.

I'm wearing Tom of Finland today.