1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

The Dimetapp syrup of my childhood was heavily grape flavored. I don't know if that's a thing anymore.

2. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

ermagerd I have 500ml (no joke) of Lavender Palm. If you guys want some please lemme know. :embar:

today I wore Noir de Noir from a new flacon... I've smelled very different versions of this it seems and I don't know if it's batch variations, reformulations, or just bad juice. The one I own is dark juice, almost smells musty, and heavy on the chocolate sort of side, and the new one I just got is much lighter juice, smells weaker, and seems to focus more on the rose side. both nice, but I'm actually suspicious that my older juice is slightly turned rather than that it was reformulated or made weaker.

3. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Pre-shower: Rose Etoile de Hollande. I realize it might be illegal to say this in some societies (such as North Korea), but I am not a fan of most of the Mona di Orio scents I have tried. It's the cloves that make this one unpleasant for me. Also it's higher pitched than I prefer.

SOTD: Labdanum 18. If you asked me to name my favorite scents, this wouldn't be near the top of the list. And yet I find myself reaching for it quite a bit during the cool weather months. Unlike many Le Labo scents, this is exactly what it says it is.

4. Master-Classter

Ha, SOTD - Mona Di Orio Oud... still loving this, just having trouble springing $500-600 for a bottle... anyone interested in a decant if I buy a bottle?

5. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

Racine today. I was really enjoying this until I washed the dishes, and now I can smell nothing but detergent. Oh well.

Today is my anniversary and I need to pick something special for this evening. We are going to a flash French restaurant, so I am thinking something French, niche, suitable for evening wear in spring/summer weather.

6. L'Incandescent

SOTE is Luxor Oud. For some reason, I had a strong olfactory image of this on my drive home from work. It's a lovely fruity rose and oud. Like TF London, this is one that I've come to appreciate more and more over time.

7. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

That's interesting and makes me wonder if this is another example of something that I'm anosmic to.

8. L'Incandescent

I am wearing Une Rose de Kandahar today. It's a dusty potpourri rose that's in the ballpark of the loukhoum scents by Keiko Mecheri and Serge Lutens. It's one of my best compliment getters.

9. Master-Classter

^ I've only tested that once but thought it was really really nice

10. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

I ended up wearing Carnal Flower for my anniversary outing. Great scent, love it, but it gives me a headache, for sure. My wife finds it too strong as well. So I guess I won’t be going FB on that one.

Today I wore (takes deep breath) CB I Hate Perfume Where We Are There Is No Here. This is mostly an ISO-E and synthetic musk concoction. I know people who like this one, but I wouldn’t count myself in that camp.

11. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Traveling today, on a plane, so I'm wearing my plane scent: Geranium Pour Monsieur.

1 person likes this.
  12. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

it snowed today, so it's perfect for slumberhouse norne, my favorite monster of a scent

13. Nemesis_4

Nemesis_4 Well-Known Member

Geranium Pour Monsieur is fanastic- wore that one for a few years, will go back sooner or later

SOTD- Creed's Neroli Sauvage -not quite a "winter scent" but I'm not one to be quite too seasonal

14. L'Incandescent

Fumerie Turque for me today.

15. L'Incandescent

Today was a day of Al Oudh.
    Cuir Beluga is what I put on for SOTE time.

16. L'Incandescent

Yesterday: Rose Flash
    Today: Lyric Man

17. Baron

I'm traveling for the holidays and packed some rarely worn decants and some new samples, yesterday I wore The Dandy. Today is Richard James edt.

18. IndianBoyz

IndianBoyz Senior member

This potion sounds real interesting from the description.

19. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Senior member

20. Baron

I'm sampling Secretions Magnifique. I sniffed this in the store and thought it was nice. A soft floral with a bit of a metallic blood note. Wearing it all day, the more disgusting elements come to the fore. It's subtle, and I don't relate to the shocked responses I've seen in some reviews, but the wet bodily notes are...distracting? I don't really know how to put it. It's not a warm, sexy kind of smell, like sweaty bodies and semen. It's more like the clear liquid that oozes from a bandaged wound, with a touch of sterile hospital room in the background. Kinda gross.

1 person likes this.