1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Apparently there is because of the ban on oakmoss especially, but rach informed us a while back that the bottles from the 1970s contained galbanum sourced from pre-revolutionary Iran and was superior to what is available elsewhere today.

Today: CdG Hinoki.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
    2 people like this.
  2. kulata

kulata Senior member

I have saved Shams Memo to my wishlist for a while now but I can't any retailer stateside that stocks it but still on the look out.

Tobacco Vanille is too linear but that is not always a bad thing but I reach out more for Kalemat due to its complexity and development. Dry down takes a while but it's absolutely beautiful.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  3. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I am wearing Bijou Romantique today.

4. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

working through my box and wearing a decant of Bijan for men for the first time. At first it scared me off with it's hairy chested 80's man dry aromatic spices a la Azzaro, but merely a half hour later I'm blooming out something that smells quite like the creamy green woody spices of Bois de Portugal, and PdN NY et al. It's got some powder, some dry woods , and a nice spiceyness. Still far too manly man for me I think, but my dad (and mom) will love this. If you're into these sorts of scents, this is actually an overlooked TRY scent! It's wearing very nicely I must say

5. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Tonight: George Sand. One of the few patchouli-heavy fragrances I like, but I really like this one.

Re: Bijan, my father has a half-full bottle of this stuff and it has always been way too strong and stinky for me. I will have to try it again, though, when I go home for Christmas.

1 person likes this.
  6. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

7. L'Incandescent

Pre-shower: TF Noir
    SOTD: Datura Noir (Lots of "noirs" today, but really Datura Noir isn't very noir at all.)

8. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Today: Tuscan Leather.

9. b1os

b1os Senior member

Yesterday: Oud Silk Mood
    Today's SotD: Jubilation 25
    Today`s SotE: Mad Madame (Juliette Has a Gun)

10. California Dreamer

11. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

Eau Noire. So glad it finally got cool enough to wear all these winter scents.

12. L'Incandescent

Now that it's SOTE time I am wearing Elixir des Merveilles.

13. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Today: Yosh Sombre Negra.

14. California Dreamer

Funny, I had never heard of Yosh until I won a decant yesterday, and they crop up again here straight away.

The rumour mill here is going on about the Lauder takeover of Malle and what it means for the FM line. Consensus seems to be that Une Fleur de Cassie will be discontinued, so perhaps fans should stock up.

15. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

I went and got a new bottle of Portrait of a Lady the other day because of this news.

1 person likes this.
  16. L'Incandescent

I am wearing Tobacco Vanille.

17. Master-Classter

I decided to go a different way about that... I purchased some Lauder stock instead. For every niche buyer who's going to lament reformulation (and by the way they're all going to back backups with also will give Malle a temporary sales bump), there'll be 10 new customers who want something 'niche' and cool and hip and expensive etc. Malle will get way better distribution and if they reformulate then better margins too. As a scent enthusiast it sucks, but there's still some gain to be made here.

18. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

Lauder has done way better than most in keeping their old scents available and unaltered - seems like a good partnership.

19. Master-Classter

^ exactly, I don't even think they're going to mess with the formulas anyway. Just more exposure, and it's still a tiny company relatively speaking. They've bought up Le Labo, Malle, and I'm sure will take on others. Look at Ford for example. Sure it's become more widely accessible and all that and some (ok most) of their newer releases sort of suck, but overall the brand is doing a lot more than if it was just within the Ford portfolio.

20. L'Incandescent

I went into Patchouli Absolu mode for my SOTE.