Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. A Y

A Y Senior member

^Andre, if you like the Mugler cologne, sometime you might also want to give Creed Original Vetiver a try...

Thanks! After work today, I was planning on a smelling spree at the mall to check out Turin's reference scents, and will add that to my list.

--Andre

2. usctrojan99

usctrojan99 Senior member

3. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Today - a cooler morning, an easy four mile run, and a couple of sprays of Giorgio for Men.

4. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

Dior's Eau Savage. Arrived yesterday. Bought because my wife remembers that she has always liked it (remind me not to ask why she knows it so well) and because Turin gave it a great review.
    I am unimpressed, though I will give it a few more tries. On the plus side, it is helping me learn what I like by fixing what I don't like. I am thinking I don't especially love traditional masculines like this one or Pen's Douro (nee Lords) that have a bright citrus and spice feel (my guess is that this is from the Cologne branch of perfumery) and prefer a more sweet, musky and animalic scents with a deep drydown. That's why I like Sel de Vetiver so much, but also Habit Rouge Legere (the latter starts bright and citrusy, but then shifts to sweet and low while staying on key).

Dior's Eau Savage again. I really want to give this a chance. An interesting observation. On the third wearing, I am starting to notice a bit more complexity and interest here.

5. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Dior's Eau Savage again. I really want to give this a chance. An interesting observation. On the third wearing, I am starting to notice a bit more complexity and interest here.

I thought it might start shining through. It's a great scent.

Good news - I've divested a few bottles I'm starting to resent and have a small bottle of Kouros and Kouros Frascheur coming my way.

6. A Y

A Y Senior member

I went to Sephora and Nordstrom last night and smelled the following:

A*Men
    Angel
    Bulgari Black
    cK One
    Cool Water
    Gucci pour Homme
    No. 5 parfum
    Polo
    Chanel Pour Monsieur
    Shalimar
    Terre d'Hermes
    Guerlain Vetiver
    Z Zegna

I'm slightly embarassed to say that Angel was my favorite, but I liked Guerlain Vetiver, Chanel Pour Monsieur, and Polo. Bulgari Black is intriguing, but I wouldn't know how to use it. If there's time tonight, more sniffing at Macy's.

--Andre

7. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

^^ a lot of people like Angel, nothing embarrassing about that. The thing is: it's a men's scent all girlied up, and Angel and Lolita Lempicka both cross genders very easily.

Other than that - solid choices.

8. Maharlika

Maharlika Senior member

Bois D' Argent by Christian Dior

9. EdenResident

EdenResident Senior member

So I went to Saks the other day and smelled pretty much everything they got. I liked these 2

Armani Code (yeah yeah it's probaly the Ed Hardy of colognes but it smells good to me)
    John Varvatos Vintage

Solid choices?

10. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

^^ a lot of people like Angel, nothing embarrassing about that. The thing is: it's a men's scent all girlied up, and Angel and Lolita Lempicka both cross genders very easily. Other than that - solid choices.
    I agree; I really quite like Angel, both the men's and women's (which are very similar). I also like it's slightly more uptown cousin even better, Fresh Cannabis Santal. And, Ren, I LOVE Bois d'argent. It's one of my favorites for fall and I can't wait for it to get a little cooler so I can start using is more often.
    So I went to Saks the other day and smelled pretty much everything they got. I liked these 2 Armani Code (yeah yeah it's probaly the Ed Hardy of colognes but it smells good to me) John Varvatos Vintage Solid choices?
    Definitely solid choices; a lot of people like the Armani and I've not heard too many bad things about the Varvatos. I'm not a fan of Tonka Bean, so Code turned me off, but it's definitely one that you can wear easily in many situations. The only possible problem that I could see, in a large setting, would be that many people will know what you are wearing and/or be wearing the same thing.

11. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

So I went to Saks the other day and smelled pretty much everything they got. I liked these 2

Armani Code (yeah yeah it's probaly the Ed Hardy of colognes but it smells good to me)
    John Varvatos Vintage

Solid choices?

I have a bottle of JV that I don't wear nearly enough, it's really good. I don't remember Armani Code, but it gets love from those who aren't afraid to like Armani.

12. A Y

A Y Senior member

^^ a lot of people like Angel, nothing embarrassing about that. The thing is: it's a men's scent all girlied up, and Angel and Lolita Lempicka both cross genders very easily.

Other than that - solid choices.

So I was less brave than I thought I was when I got Angel and Chanel Pour Monsieur last night before reading this. [​IMG] Not very many choices around here for some of the others I wanted to try.

--Andre

13. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

So I was less brave than I thought I was when I got Angel and Chanel Pour Monsieur last night before reading this. [​IMG] Not very many choices around here for some of the others I wanted to try.

--Andre

Well, I recall hearing somewhere that a lot of strippers wear Angel, so you might be quite the brave little exhibitionist. [​IMG]

14. Maharlika

Maharlika Senior member

Dior Homme!

15. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

Body Kouros (YSL) for me today; haven't worn this one in a long time and I'd forgotten how nice the drydown on it is...