1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

If someone were to give me a nickname that was only valid for this evening, a good one would be "Man of Leather Oud" because that is my SOTE tonight.

2. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

1740 today. Sort of appropriate to wear Marquis de Sade to a JPG exhibition - lots of bondage-inspired costumes on display.

3. Petepan

Petepan Senior member

ELDO samples arrived todays. First tried Rien Intense Incense, the opening is kinda unforgetable blast of aldehydes, incense and leather. I can see why people compare it to Leather Oud. Similar vibe but without the oud. I do prefer the drydown though. Unlikely to be FB though.

Next up Afternoon of a Faun. This is nice enough, but the immortelle is really pronounced on my skin. Smells a lot like my wife's immortelle beauty products from L'Occitane. Again, unlikely to be FB.

Lastly, Tom of Finland. This is very good, especially due to my current leather fetish. Pretty unique.

Rien will be next on.

I have another batch of samples arriving soon. Supporting local Australian talent. Who can resist a fragrance with a name Ugly Bastard? hehe....

4. IndianBoyz

IndianBoyz Senior member

5. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Senior member Dubiously Honored

^That takes me back. Longevity was meh, but what a lovely mainstream designer scent. Manfunk and pencil shavings. TF really did some good stuff in those days (YSL RG PH and M7, Gucci PH, etc., Cinema)

Today is Chanel CdR. Nothing better than some stinky leather for a cold winter day.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  6. IndianBoyz

IndianBoyz Senior member

Indeed some of that woody pencil shavings, but basically it's the incense in there that appeals to me, I prefer it to CdG Avignon as an incense scent. In fact, I don't care for Avignon, it's too much incense as if you went to church and "showered" in the incense smoke, something like that. Not nauseating but also not elegant. I can imagine people of the old world using pure frankincense to perfume themselves, but that doesn't appeal to me.

It's an odd scent and could be confused for being non-designer, discontinued so I use it sparingly. It also last forever on me 8-10 hours.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  7. L'Incandescent

Pre-shower: Noontide Petals (Andy Tauer). Tons and tons of aldehydes at the top, dries down into a creamy floral.
    SOTD: Poivre Piquant.

1 person likes this.
  8. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Today: Jubilation XXV. Such an elegant fragrance.

1 person likes this.
  9. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

I'm wearing Interlude today and find it very similar to Memoir. May have to try them side by side to distinguish.

10. PCK1

PCK1 Senior member

marinella capodimonte

11. Homme

Homme Senior member

Eau noire today. Prob too warm for it, meh, the immortelle will keep the flies at bay

12. L'Incandescent

SOTE is Olene. Definitely one of the best jasmines don't even try to tell me otherwise because I will put my fingers in my ears and go "lalalalala."

13. kulata

kulata Senior member

SOTD Attar Al Kaaba by Al Haramain Perfumes

14. Ambulance Chaser

By Kilian Back to Black. Smells like baby powder.

15. L'Incandescent

^^ That's an interesting association! Do you pick up the tobacco and honey? Those are the notes that jump out to me.

16. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

hey L'Incandescent, I for one appreciate the humor and little ditties and such, keep it up :D

2 people like this.
  17. L'Incandescent

^^ I was banned from another website once for doing that. (That's not quite true, but it's not entirely false either.)

SOTD is The Afternoon of a Faun. One of my very favorites.

18. Ambulance Chaser

Honey, yes. Tobacco, no. Another scent that's too sweet for me to wear more than rarely. FM's much lauded Musc Ravageur falls into this category as well.

1 person likes this.
  19. L'Incandescent

I've mentioned this before, but it's hard for me to wear Back to Black because I was wearing it a lot during a relationship that turned out pretty badly. I do like it on its own terms, though.

20. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Yeah, I am not a fan of Musc Ravageur either.

Today: Caron Third Man, which is primarily a masculine floral to me. Jasmine and ylang-ylang.
    Tonight: Trumper Sandalwood, which is also a floral-heavy fragrance. I really like this one and find both of the ones I wore today to be soft and almost buttery.