• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Where do I sign up for the swap box thing? 

Heyo, I'm just tying up some loose ends with another fragrance event I did and then I'll get the next swap box organized, so it'll probably happen within 2 weeks from now. I'll make a thread, post a link here in the SOTD and then PM a bunch of people as well so stay tuned or PM me in a week or two.
Have you guys tried TF's White Suede? Did you like it?

Hmmm, I smelled this one again today actually and it seems rather 'simple', not bad per se, just simple. A light warm clean musk with a bit of smoke, for lack of a better name. On principle I don't believe in layering but I could see this working for that purpose. Curious to here what other people smell in this one.
Kurkdjian samples arrived.
Let me just say that the OUD is out of this world.  I will see how it dries down.

ohhh boy, now you guys are really making me want to smell these. Looks like I'll have to do some sample ordering :satisfied:

Today, I went scentless. yep, I still smelled a LOT here and there, but wore nothing myself. I find after a couple days break my nose is much more alert. Don't forget to stop and not smell the roses from time to time.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This evening I put on some Amouage Jubilation 25 for women - a beautiful fragrance which I prefer to the XXV for men. For now . . .

Will have to try.

Hmmm, I smelled this one again today actually and it seems rather 'simple', not bad per se, just simple. A light warm clean musk with a bit of smoke, for lack of a better name. On principle I don't believe in layering but I could see this working for that purpose. Curious to here what other people smell in this one.

IIRC it's not overwhelmingly complex, true. I just remember it being a very well balanced fragrance.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The fragrance I'm wearing today is called "Santal Blush". It's a very good fragrance.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today I'm wearing Dior Homme. If someone sits next to me on the plane, they will get to smell it too.

Winterbourne

Reaction score
Today I'm wearing Dior Homme. If someone sits next to me on the plane, they will get to smell it too.
I'm glad it's not this guy. Well I shouldn't say that. Maybe it works better with your body chemistry but for me I just couldn't get over the "makeup" smell. Soft scent but pungent at the same time.

SOTD: Fleur du Male

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^ You can't make a post such as that and then post Fleur du Male as your SOTD!

Winterbourne

Reaction score
I knew my post was going to sound really contradictory when I had to put my scent I'll be wearing out to a club tonight. To cut through the stenches I need a Joop/A*Men nuclear level frag.
smile.gif

LEgoiste

Reaction score
Quote:
You really only get that makeup smell if you stick your nose where you sprayed/applied it. Have you tried giving Dior Homme a full wearing, in which you get to smell its sillage (just like how other other people would smell it on you) instead?

lol

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today: Iris 39 - a small spritz from this tester is enough to last the whole day.

LEgoiste

Reaction score
Today: Iris 39 - a small spritz from this tester is enough to last the whole day.

Wearing Iris 39 today as well. The weather's supposed to be in the high 30's today here in NYC. So, I decided to do 3 sprays (from my official sample) -- big mistake, as it was really cloying the first couple of hours.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I tested Amouage Gold for men - on some paper this morning and got some on my hand - what a nasty, foul concoction!!!!

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love it.
Also noteworthy: L'Inc prefers this over Gold Woman.

Last edited:

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I took a tester of Lutens' Santal Majuscule when restocking on a Tauer scent yesterday. It will be on the list for something new with discreet rose notes.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics