Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Maharlika

Maharlika Senior member

Bond NO. 9's Bleeker Street

2. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

^I didn't LOVE Bleeker, but I think it is a nice, safe, very classy scent for daywear. Personally, my favorite daywear Bond is still Riverside Drive. The hint of pepper in there really gives it some needed kick that keeps it from feeling TOO "fresh/clean" and fleeting.

Did you try Warhol Silver Factory? I received a sample a while back and was quite impressed. It's violet with some strange funk involved... very interesting (and nearly 30% parfum by volume). I've been layering it lately with TDC Bois d'iris and really enjoying the mix.

3. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

I haven't yet chosed today's scent but I am posting to mention that I'm headed out of town for a couple of days but have brought 4 or 5 decants with me because I'm indecisive like that. So: for sunday and Monday I will be choosing among the following:

Signoricci
    Neroli Sauvage
    Bios de Portugal
    Isfarkand
    Axa-Luxe Kama (maybe not)

Today I may wear New West. Just thinking ahead here.

4. rach2jlc

I haven't yet chosed today's scent but I am posting to mention that I'm headed out of town for a couple of days but have brought 4 or 5 decants with me because I'm indecisive like that.
    It's not indecision... it's just good planning! [​IMG] You should see my suitcase when I go to Japan in the summer... I usually have 15-20 different bottles/decants in there!

5. Maharlika

Maharlika Senior member

^I didn't LOVE Bleeker, but I think it is a nice, safe, very classy scent for daywear. Personally, my favorite daywear Bond is still Riverside Drive. The hint of pepper in there really gives it some needed kick that keeps it from feeling TOO "fresh/clean" and fleeting.

Did you try Warhol Silver Factory? I received a sample a while back and was quite impressed. It's violet with some strange funk involved... very interesting (and nearly 30% parfum by volume). I've been layering it lately with TDC Bois d'iris and really enjoying the mix.

Yes, I have tried it and it's probably my favorite of their Warhol collection. For the fall, I may purchase New Harleem. It has great sillage and longevity on my skin.

6. Maharlika

Maharlika Senior member

Geir by Geir Ness. "Smells like mountain air of Norway".

7. rach2jlc

Yes, I have tried it and it's probably my favorite of their Warhol collection. For the fall, I may purchase New Harleem. It has great sillage and longevity on my skin.
    Wonderful scent for fall/winter. I had a bottle a year or two ago and really enjoyed it, though I didn't end up using it all and swapped it on BN for some Montale. It's very "gournamdish" and also rather subdued; as such, it's good by itself, but it also is WONDERFUL layered with other things. PdN Cologne Sologne for me today; it's quite warm and I'll be outside most of the day, so there's little better than a traditional EdC with lots of citrus!

8. Babar

Babar Senior member

Just picked up a bottle of the new Infusion d'Homme by Prada, and I really like it. Much more interesting than the regular Pour Homme, even though it's not exactly super potent or a "statement" scent or anything. Just really pleasant and definitely my favorite for some time and really quite versatile. It should work well for both day and night time I think.

I also tried the new Dior Homme Sport but that was really vile.. I really like the regular and Intense versions though.

9. rach2jlc

Dior Homme SPORT??? Are they really making this? How awful; Dior Homme is a heavy, leathery, anti-sport scent. Dior Homme is the brand for pale, super-skinny androgynes who don't even go outside in the daylight, much less get out and go to the gym for a workout or a round of tennis.

Good lord, what a dumb idea! It's like seeing Serge Lutens Fumerie Turque "Summer Splash."

10. Babar

Babar Senior member

Dior Homme SPORT??? Are they really making this? How awful; Dior Homme is a heavy, leathery, anti-sport scent. Dior Homme is the brand for pale, super-skinny androgynes who don't even go outside in the daylight, much less get out and go to the gym for a workout or a round of tennis.

Good lord, what a dumb idea! It's like seeing Serge Lutens Fumerie Turque "Summer Splash."

Exactly! I was really surprised when I saw the ad billboard for it in store as I hadn't heard of it before but I guess stuff like DH Sport is a pretty good indication of where the brand is heading forward. It'll probably sell much better than the original too.

11. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Today I am back at home and have busted out the Pasha de Cartier. I was once head-over-heels for this scent, now it has worn out its welcome. It's nice enough but it's going too many directions for me to really cling to it. Basically I have to want to wear nothing else and then my hand drifts to the outrageously ugly bottle. I should sell this one but I'll let it rest for the winter and then see how I like it in the spring.

12. sleekblackroadster

sleekblackroadster Senior member

i layered a bit of royal scottish lavender under a bit of silver mountain water today. its a lovely combo imo.

13. Spilotro

Spilotro Senior member

14. Maharlika

Maharlika Senior member

Today, it's Montale's Shiny Aoud.

15. rach2jlc

Today, it's Montale's Shiny Aoud.
    ^This one and Red Aoud are both on my list, but I haven't gotten to try either of them yet. Both seem interesting and I LOVE Montale's Aouds, so I'm sure these would be no different.