• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Scary Treadmills

TowleY

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2008
Messages
295
Reaction score
0
Im guessing since most of you are older than me you guys know the "Old Fashioned" treadmills? I went on one today at the gym in my school. Scariest shit I have ever done.The treadmill itself was no longer than my computer monitor. I almost fell off when I picked up the pace. However it only got worse. I like to do intervals so I started at 9 mph. After a minute at 9 I looked for the 3 mph button only to notice.... there was no 3 mph button! It took me about 30 seconds to go from 9---> 3 mph! Had to quit after 7-10 minutes of almost dieing and had to flee for my life.
Thank god for technology.
 

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Dec 5, 2006
Messages
12,416
Reaction score
157
Funny, I hate the new treadmills that have about a billion different buttons and monitors on them. Some even have built in fans and tv monitors.
 

TowleY

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2008
Messages
295
Reaction score
0
haha. I almost killed myself running ont hat thing it was terrible. I love the ones where its you hit 3, its 3 mph, 9 is 9mph lol.
 

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2008
Messages
2,279
Reaction score
13
Originally Posted by robin
Funny, I hate the new treadmills that have about a billion different buttons and monitors on them. Some even have built in fans and tv monitors.


+1, half my workout was trying to program one the other night. If possible, these make me hate running even more.
 

dusty

Distinguished Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2005
Messages
4,858
Reaction score
20
Originally Posted by robin
Funny, I hate the new treadmills that have about a billion different buttons and monitors on them. Some even have built in fans and tv monitors.


Ok guys, it's not like every digital treadmill doesn't have a quick start button. I love the extra features, makes running in place for 20 minutes far more tolerable.
 

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Joined
May 1, 2007
Messages
2,209
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by dusty
Ok guys, it's not like every digital treadmill doesn't have a quick start button. I love the extra features, makes running in place for 20 minutes far more tolerable.

+1. But my gym recently upgraded to woodway treadmills that are great cause they are simple and the feel is as close to 'natural' as possible.
 

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Joined
Jul 25, 2006
Messages
29,041
Reaction score
1,325
Dude, get off the treadmill and onto the road. You'll curse me for a month and thank me every day after that.
 

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Joined
Jul 25, 2006
Messages
29,041
Reaction score
1,325
Originally Posted by turbozed
here's one



I have been watching this for the last 10 minutes and cannot stop laughing.
 

TowleY

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2008
Messages
295
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Thomas
Dude, get off the treadmill and onto the road. You'll curse me for a month and thank me every day after that.

normally i like to run outside but in NY its cold
lol
The treadmill I have at home i <3 though
 

yerfdog

Distinguished Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2006
Messages
1,332
Reaction score
2
Originally Posted by Thomas
I have been watching this for the last 10 minutes and cannot stop laughing.

same here, easily one of the funniest animated gifs ever
 

dusty

Distinguished Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2005
Messages
4,858
Reaction score
20
They cut the funniest part out!
 

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Joined
Jul 25, 2006
Messages
29,041
Reaction score
1,325
Originally Posted by TowleY
normally i like to run outside but in NY its cold
lol
The treadmill I have at home i <3 though


tights, skullcap, and gloves. Get out there already!

I read somewhere not long ago about research that showed that there was no lower limit on how cold was too cold to exercise. The author pretty well said that any time was a good time to exercise, provided you dressed accordingly - although there are stories about Prefontaine running in the Colorado winters, icicles hanging off his moustache, dressed only in a singlet and thin shorts. Then again, Pre liked to suffer.
 

TowleY

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2008
Messages
295
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Thomas
tights, skullcap, and gloves. Get out there already!

I read somewhere not long ago about research that showed that there was no lower limit on how cold was too cold to exercise. The author pretty well said that any time was a good time to exercise, provided you dressed accordingly - although there are stories about Prefontaine running in the Colorado winters, icicles hanging off his moustache, dressed only in a singlet and thin shorts. Then again, Pre liked to suffer.


to this day I have never worn long pants unless it was for a reason. I just dun like running in cold weather
 

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

  • Yes, I’m tacky like that.

  • No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

  • No watch at all.


Results are only viewable after voting.

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
465,637
Messages
10,059,134
Members
210,036
Latest member
drunkjournalist
Top