• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scarves

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ILikeBacon
Where could I get Colombo and Begg? I live in Ottawa, Canada so I would probably have to order online. Any online retailers?
I carry both on the fourinhand.com site and the www.tuesdayschild.com site but no Colombo at those prices. (sub 100)

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
I have a few from saks that i like a lot...navy, grey, and maroon. had them for quite a few years now....no problems at all. And I got them for 50 or less.

leftover_salmon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cioni2k
I wouldn't buy Burberry. You are paying for the brand and everybody and their mom owns one. its too played out at this point. If you must, go with the dark grey/charcoal check Burberry pattern.

I've got the dark grey/charcoal one. I usually knot it and tuck it all under my coat so it's not all in-your-face. They are quite soft, light and warm though, being made from pretty nice cashmere.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like tartan/plaid scarves. Do you guys think this one is too feminine?
http://www.tuesdayschild.com/product...f-by-Alex-Begg

I would like a scarf that is at least 65" x 10"

Not if you tie it a different way
patch[1].gif

http://www.capitalfm.co.ke/lifestyle..._556884710.jpg

bing

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bleachboy
cioni2k and I both used the phrase "played out" in a simulpost about Burberry's scarves. So that's settled.

colleague of mine spent $300+ on one of these... i made this exact point to him the other day.

Burberry makes great stuff, but when you buy a piece like a scarf or a tie in thr nova-check (which he also has) you're not buying the quality, you're buying the brand recognition.

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you mean?
I think he was saying that the scarf itself is not femmenine. Perhaps the way I have it on the site lends itself to that, but if you were to see it tied a different way then you wouldnt have asked if it were feminine. For the record, I often drape the scarves that way for the pic so you can get a look and an idea as to what the pattern is. Here are some other ways to tie the scarves. Scroll to the bottom for some ideas. EDIT: Incidentally I happen to think that the pic that was linked overuses the check idea as the check scarf is almost identical to the check jacket.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads