• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scarves. Yay or Nay

Wighty

Reaction score
I love scarves, but would only wear one with a winter jacket. I would never wear one indoors either.

2sweet

Reaction score
Welcome to global warming my friend. I bought some down jackets and scarves for the "winter" here in California and they have not been used, not even once.

SinbadtheSailor

Reaction score
I live in Southern California and I own three shemagh/keffiyeh scarves despite the controversy over them meaning your a Palestinian sympathizer or a terrorist. I think they just look awesome and you'd be surprised how many people stop and ask where I buy them. What I like about them is they're light enough for hot weather and heavy enough for cold weather which make them a good choice for you people who live in Southern California.

I even wear them when I'm at home.

I'd advise doing some research before you buy them though, not that its necessary but it wouldn't hurt just so your not completely naive about them.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
there is nothing emo about this:
MUFD42M44RED.jpg

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SinbadtheSailor
I live in Southern California and I own three shemagh/keffiyeh scarves despite the controversy over them meaning your a Palestinian sympathizer or a terrorist. I think they just look awesome and you'd be surprised how many people stop and ask where I buy them. What I like about them is they're light enough for hot weather and heavy enough for cold weather which make them a good choice for you people who live in Southern California.

I even wear them when I'm at home.

I'd advise doing some research before you buy them though, not that its necessary but it wouldn't hurt just so your not completely naive about them.

These things are unbelievably trendy right now. I see kids wearing them on the snowboard hill. I don't think they'll be around next year.

Normal scarves are totally appropriate for outdoor wear when the temperature drops. I wear one with an overcoat but I could see wearing a lighter one with a suit, in, say, 35 degree weather (just above freezing).

If you wear a scarf indoors, you may as well wear gloves as well - you look like a miser or cat lady.

SinbadtheSailor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung
If you wear a scarf indoors, you may as well wear gloves as well - you look like a miser or cat lady.

eh...I guess I better keep that in mind haha

allure

Reaction score
Wear what you want. Make it cool.

Where I'm from we only get about 2 weeks a year where a scarf ISN'T necessary yet there is stigma attached to wearing one. It's never stopped me.

Jupiter Room

Reaction score
Originally Posted by allure
Wear what you want. Make it cool.

Where I'm from we only get about 2 weeks a year where a scarf ISN'T necessary yet there is stigma attached to wearing one. It's never stopped me.

Scarf isn't nessesary unless it's below zero degrees centigrade. Do you live on the north/south pole?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads