• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scanner to PDF

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just wondering....what are your favorite choices as far as a software package to scan paper documents into PDF format?

trogdor

Reaction score
At work, the photocopier is networked so that one can put a document through the sheet-feeder, input your details, and it will e-mail a pdf straight to you. I have no idea how it works, but it's awesome and utterly painless!

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Same here, the Xerox Workcenter rocks.

But I want something to scan in docs to pdf at home with my regular 89 dollar USB scanner.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Easy!

The cutepdf driver. Installs itself as a printer driver, completely transparent.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You rock skalogre! Now I just need to get these different pages merged into one pdf
smile.gif
Shouldn't be hard, getting an editor now. edit: Foxit Page Organizer works great for merging PDF files

Charley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The real problem is getting the scanned document accurately "read" and converted into text. What software are you using to read the scan without error?

SGladwell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
Just wondering....what are your favorite choices as far as a software package to scan paper documents into PDF format?

Um, on any computer worth using you don't need "software" to do that. Just scan in the document using Vuescan or (if you must) the crap that came with your scanner. Then hit Apple-P, save as PDF, and you're done.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads