• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scammer Warning JonDoe89 AKA TheDon

zxcv

Reaction score
Last few days there was a small discussion about a scammer called JonDoe89
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=158713

JonDoe89 scammed me with a Hermes Belt, he sent me a non-generic brand belt instead of the Hermes he advertised on here:
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=156313

anyways i'm trying to resolve this with my bank now. But during this process I found out Jondoe89 had scammed plei89 and uvmboi13 and plei89 claimed JonDoe89 was using another nick TheDon.

I had a successful (very odd) transaction with TheDon recently and when I had asked if if he was JonDoe89 he denied claims.

I then did a little research and I found something interesting:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...483&highlight=

If you see here JonDoe89 is trying to sell a Gucci wallet, if you look at the pics of the wallet he has a piece of paper in his own writing "JonDoe, The Don, Fazzl , Styleforum, E46, ISS, E90" next to the wallet he is trying to sell, proving they are the same person.

and then here:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=36684

Jondoe89 is hosting pics using google(gmail) username: FYaqub89,

which is TheDon's paypal account *********@gmail.com. The paypal account Jondoe89 gave me was ********@gmail.com.

I also have pics of the parcel of both Jondoe89 and TheDon with very similar handwriting, similar signatures and both sent from Upland, CA91785 and the no-namel men's belt he sent me rather than the Hermes belt
Now again I did have a successful transaction with TheDon but was scammed by his aka JonDoe89.

Sorry for the long post. I contacted a mod(J) and I hope this gets your attention before you want to deal with either Jondoe89 or TheDon and I do hope he gets banned from this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

plei89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can provide additional proof they are the same person: 1. Fazzl89 is this kid's screen name according to ISS; if you look at http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=36684, you see that he hosted pictures with Fyaqub89 corresponding to his actual name Faizal Yaqub. 2. Fazzl & JonDoe89 & TheDon here live in Socal 3. All are 20 years of age 4. All are Brown 5. All are selling a Hermes belt I believe Uvmboi13 has posted that he has been scammed for fake Jimmy Choos in the past. And there has been some prior discussion on whether or not his items are authentic in his RL cable knit post due to wrong size tags:
IMG_5189.jpg

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ aren't you the kid that got scammed on gucci or LV sunglasses?

just stop buying **** like Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Ralph Lauren Blue Label, Hermes off the internet. life would be so much easier

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
that cableknit looks authentic, and that tag is a Polo outlet store tag

oh, and i'm not Indian, but Faizal doesn't strike me as an Indian name...could be more like an Arab name....

dl20

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Enough of this crap. Why dont u take the lv sunglass jerkoff and go post in the buyers feedback thread idiot.

dl

Hany

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HRoi
that cableknit looks authentic, and that tag is a Polo outlet store tag

oh, and i'm not Indian, but Faizal doesn't strike me as an Indian name...could be more like an Arab name....

Faizal is probably more Pakistani/Malaysian/etc. than Arab.

plei89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dl20
Enough of this crap. Why dont u take the lv sunglass jerkoff and go post in the buyers feedback thread idiot.

dl

OP contacted the "J', the mod before posting this
laugh.gif
you jerkoff

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
i like it, the "J"
smile.gif
in any case, thanks for the heads up.

7even

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no ban yet? lol i'm sure we'd all want to stone this guy to death if we saw him lol since the B/S Feedback Thread is a gajillion pages and takes hours to look through, perhaps a thread listing all the names of scammers could be started?

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zxcv
The mod still have not gotten back to me. I still cannot believe he is not banned yet.

Better will be to stalk the seller and **** on all his threads
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 7even
no ban yet? lol i'm sure we'd all want to stone this guy to death if we saw him lol since the B/S Feedback Thread is a gajillion pages and takes hours to look through, perhaps a thread listing all the names of scammers could be started?

Use the search function.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads