• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scafora vs. Lattanzi

Mecnun

Reaction score
I have decided to go with one of these two shoemakers, after having reviewed their work on the web and having found out via telephone that their bespoke service can be fnished in 4-6 weeks. Although I live in London I will make my way to Italy, since the British shoemakers (like Cleverley) are quoting 4-6 months for their bespoke service.

Does anyone know what the price-point for Scafora vs. Lattanzi is and whether these shoemakers apply bevelled waist on their shoes (I am used to them from the John Lobb Prestige line). Which shoes are of better quality and style in your opinions? Lastly are their other Italian bespoke shoemakers who can deliver in 4-6 weeks that I should consider?

Many thanls for the feedback.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have shoes from both. IMO, Lattanzi makes a slightly nicer shoe, but at a bit higher price. They will both do bevelled waists and will do so well. Both makers make a huge range of shoes, but Lattanzi's range is a bit bigger even. He also will do a more clasically styled shoe than what I have seen from Scafora.

I would tell you to check both out, but Scafora is only in Naples while Lattanzi is in Milan and Rome. Given unlimited funds, I would go with Lattanzi.

You might also want to check out Dimitri Gomez at the Crockett and Jones shop in Paris.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I have shoes from both. IMO, Lattanzi makes a slightly nicer shoe, but at a bit higher price. They will both do bevelled waists and will do so well. Both makers make a huge range of shoes, but Lattanzi's range is a bit bigger even. He also will do a more clasically styled shoe than what I have seen from Scafora.

I would tell you to check both out, but Scafora is only in Naples while Lattanzi is in Milan and Rome. Given unlimited funds, I would go with Lattanzi.

You might also want to check out Dimitri Gomez at the Crockett and Jones shop in Paris.

I agree with Matt's POV on this but I was curious as to the price differential. Scafora bespoke starts at $1600 and tops out at $2000 for Bentivegna construction. I thought Lattanzi was significantly more than that, almost double.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
I agree with Matt's POV on this but I was curious as to the price differential. Scafora bespoke starts at $1600 and tops out at $2000 for Bentivegna construction. I thought Lattanzi was significantly more than that, almost double.
Here it is more than double, and not worth it. No idea what the prices in Italy for Lattanzi are. Now that Brioni has remarked all of their Lattanzis, I am out of the game.

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I don't know where the original poster is from, but Scafora is in NYC every couple of months or so. I would assume that one could be measured at the Lattanzi shop on Madison Ave., too. Of course, a trip to Italy might be more fun than a trip to New York...

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Does Scafora do RTW and if so, can it be purchased/ordered during his NYC visits(when are those?). Due to be financial considerations and the fact that my feet are not currently in their normal state, I can't do bespoke but I like his shoes.
Yes and no. He does RTW, and it can be purchased in Naples (even by phone), but I don't tink that he lugs them to NY.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
He will ony sell RTW in his Naples shop or to existing bespoke customers.

Chris "Italia"

Reaction score
Two very, very good shoemakers.

I would opt for Paolo Scafora. It's rarer than Lattanzi since Scafora has stores only in Naples or in Italy.

Lattanzi has shops in NYC, Milan, Rome, etc.

Of course, I would get Branchini over both, but that's just me.

Mecnun

Reaction score
Here it is more than double, and not worth it.

No idea what the prices in Italy for Lattanzi are.

Now that Brioni has remarked all of their Lattanzis, I am out of the game.

Are Brioni RTW made by Lattanzi? The simple calf leather RTW by Brioni are c.£500, whichis much lower then Lattanzi RTW.

Mecnun

Reaction score
How are the Brioni (made by Lattanzi) priced in the US? Are they of good quality? How come Brioni only sells their Latanzi line in the US? Do you know which shoemaker they use for their European line?

mussel

Reaction score
Lattanzi also makes shoes for Asprey. It's the City Boots and some bluchers and loafers. I think someone have posted pictures of the City boots and bluchers somewhere, probably in the shoe p0rn central thread.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mussel
Lattanzi also makes shoes for Asprey. It's the City Boots and some bluchers and loafers. I think someone have posted pictures of the City boots and bluchers somewhere, probably in the shoe p0rn central thread.

As well as To Boot and Jil Sander, prior to Prada taking over the label.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads