• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Say NO to 'Those Guys.'

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jofaile
So, many months and years go by without visit and you begin to forgot it even exists. Until one day when the relationship ends, and you start to go through your old things"”the possessions that predate the affair"”and you come across an old card of the restaurant and perhaps even a photo of you and the head chef. The sweet aromas of the Naan and Palak paneer begin to fill your nostrils. Now you must visit there again, even though you are sure much has changed.
You write beautifully...well beyond your years.

Jofaile

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
You write beautifully...well beyond your years.
Go ahead, make fun, break my fragile artist's heart. Haha. :p

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was (am?) a 07 before I left in the middle of the year to take some time off. I've since moved on.

Jofaile

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whoopee
Was (am?) a 07 before I left in the middle of the year to take some time off. I've since moved on.
That is too bad but I understand. Where did you live and what did you study while you were there?

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Go ahead, make fun, break my fragile artist's heart. Haha. :p
I didn't mean to poke fun or offend you Jofaile. That paragraph was wonderfully phrased, evocative. I found myself vividly imaging the whole thing. I was serious in my praise.

(and now I find myself sounding very, very wimpy.)

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is too bad but I understand. Where did you live and what did you study while you were there?

The wondrous River. English and gender studies, tentatively then.

Jofaile

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
I didn't mean to poke fun or offend you Jofaile. That paragraph was wonderfully phrased, evocative. I found myself vividly imaging the whole thing. I was serious in my praise. (and now I find myself sounding very, very wimpy.)
Well, I was only kidding in my response (if you see a 'haha' followed by a :p it usually means I am being sarcastic or, if you are a girl, flirtatious). But the misunderstanding was worth it just to read your aside about being wimpy.
wink.gif
Thanks, by the way (although I knew you were serious the first go round). I tend to focus on imagery in my creative writing and that is a great compliment. Oh, and feel free to call me Joshua, most of the old members do (that goes for everyone).

Jofaile

Reaction score
The wondrous River. English and gender studies, tentatively then.
Ahh, gone to another university or decided to continue with the time off for awhile?

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To another. In fact, to do - in part - creative writing.

Jofaile

Reaction score
To another. In fact, to do - in part - creative writing.
Ahh. So we will all eventually be buying up your books in hope of using our styleforum connection with you to get signed copies for ebay, yeah?
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads