• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Say I'm Planning a Trip to Zurich in March...

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What is there to do? I'm sure it will be cold but I don't mind that. I'd like to spend a night or two skiing (as I've never done so) is that too late in the year? Friend living there isn't a massive party animal but we'll definitely look to go out a bunch.

It isn't a ****** time of year to go is it?

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
What is there to do? I'm sure it will be cold but I don't mind that. I'd like to spend a night or two skiing (as I've never done so) is that too late in the year? Friend living there isn't a massive party animal but we'll definitely look to go out a bunch.

It isn't a ****** time of year to go is it?

Yes, crappy weather, but a great place for skiing.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like walking around Zurich, myself. very cool shops on the main road - banhofstrasse. nothing spectacular in terms of food, but you can get some good fondues and that kind of swiss food

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I will be there for a little more than a week (Leave on a friday come back the following Sunday). So I think we could spend a few nights in Zurich - possibly with a skiing day trip, then the rest of the trip at livelier places like Amsterdam and/or Berlin).

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't forget to try their crepes. Movenpick Hotel has good ones.

Izhitsa

Reaction score
If weather is suitable, I'd recommend a boat cruise along Lake Zurich.

Monaco

Reaction score
I personally enjoyed Zurich, very rich in traditional architecture. I was sad that it was gloomy/rainy for my few days there but I still liked it.

I enjoyed Geneva a little bit more and the countryside EVEN more! Switzerland is a beautiful country.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ticket is booked. I know not one lick of German would I be good there and Berlin for a few nights at each spot? I have no interest in walking around like a douche bag with a mini dictionary

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
Ticket is booked. I know not one lick of German would I be good there and Berlin for a few nights at each spot? I have no interest in walking around like a douche bag with a mini dictionary

You'll be fine. Their English will be far better than your German. Enjoy!

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Excellent. I've never skied before and my friend isn't really into it. However, I still want to do a skiing day trip (what better place for a first time). I won't be travelling with any ski gear, would it be reasonable to expect to get everything I need at a rental shop? I'm travelling with a peacoat so I assume I'd need a sportier jacket, pants, gloves, etc. I could probably bring my own under garments (shirts, thermals, sweater). Any suggestions for locations?

It looks like Berlin or PAris will be our destinations. I know I'm more interested in Berlin but my friend hasn't given his preference (he doesn't seem to lean either way). Beyond the Natural History Museum any ideas of things to check out in Berlin? There's a BErlin thread around here I saw and I'll dig up again.

The King of Teeth

Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
I like walking around Zurich, myself. very cool shops on the main road - banhofstrasse.

+1

Love that place! Going at the end of March myself.

changy

Reaction score
Tons of stuff to do in Berlin: Pergamon museum (museum island in general but pergamon was my favorite), brandenburg gate, Potsdamn/Sanssouci, Checkpoint charlie, bundestag, jewish memorial are the basic tourist attractions

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tina Turner lives in Zurich.
bounce2.gif

ErnestoG.

Reaction score
check out the stasi museum in east berlin. its the old headquarters for the east german secret police.

JoelF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zurich is low key, pretty enough but not all that interesting. Switzerland is ridiculously expensive too. In any case here's a great store to check out for streetwear type stuff:

VMC Store

Berlin should be a lot more fun.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads