Saw some more things

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by banksmiranda, Jan 4, 2004.

1. banksmiranda

banksmiranda Senior member

Today I made a trip to the Neiman Marcus in Northbrook(suburb of Chicago). Â I think it's easily better than the NM on Michigan Avenue. Anyway, today I saw some Oxxford jackets and coats tagged "Oxxford Crest." Â Apparently this is a new line/style by Oxxford. Â As usual, excellent workmanship. Â I don't want to try to describe it in case my description isn't good, but take a look. Â I asked a salesman about this line, and he said that among this line are clothes made of Escorial(which is woven by Reid and Taylor and on which Brioni had an exclusive). Â Now Oxxford also uses it, though apparently they can't advertise that fact yet. Â I imagine that Oxxford also uses Escorial for its other RTW lines and MTM, but nonetheless this is a fairly recent development. Â Escorial is similar in quality to Super 180s, in which suits now cost ~$4000 and up, quite a drop from before(~$8000-$10,000) now that Super 210s is available. The Northbrook NM has shirts by Borrelli, Kiton, Fray, Truzzi, Gianluca Isaia, Zegna and a few others. Â The Northbrook NM actually has Fray MTM.. Â Along with Fray, they also have MTM shirts by Borrelli, Kiton and Zegna. Â Marol MTM is available at Davis for Men. Â Lorenzini MTM is available at Barneys NY on Oak Street. Â The Truzzi shirts had the sturdiest-looking handsewn buttonholes I have come across. Â Truzzi seems to use a thicker thread/cord and, instead of forming the knots along the inner edge of the buttonhole, makes the knot almost on the top of the buttonhole. Â The Isaia shirts seemed pretty nice as well. Â I am interested in seeing Attolini shirts. Â Do any of you know where I may find them, besides Bergdorf, maybe somewhere in the Chicago area?

2. banksmiranda

banksmiranda Senior member

Anyone know where in Chicago(and suburbs) I could find Attolini shirts?