Savile Row Tailor Rebrand Help

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by zeesus, Apr 12, 2016.

1. zeesus

zeesus New Member

Hello there

I'm new to the forum because I was looking to enlist some of your expertise on Savile Row. I have been reading several threads here and I feel that you are well placed to help me.

I am a graphic design student and for a personal project, I was looking to rebrand an existing tailoring house on Savile Row. I was wondering if you could help discuss current companies that have strong brand values but are aesthetically outdated brands that could use a rebrand.

Norton and Sons was put through the same process not too long ago and I was looking to do something similar. This is an image that categorised the brands and would appreciate your help in pointing me in a similar direction in taking a traditional brand into a more contemporary and maybe a more exclusive brand. Everything is purely conceptual so any help would be highly appreciated.

[​IMG]
    Source http://www.movingbrands.com/work/norton-sons
    Worth checking as I am looking to apply the same clean and crisp style and tone of voice with some clever ideas.

At the moment, with my limited expertise, the companies that I feel could work are:

C&M
    Whitcomb & Shaftesbury
    Steven Hitchcock
    Walsh & Jefferies

Again, I have limited knowledge so any help would be welcome.

Thanks

2. Griffyndor

Griffyndor Senior member

Davies & Sons has talented, reputable tailors but are as stodgy as they come.

3. zeesus

zeesus New Member

They're another one that I have considered. At the moment, I think C&M is the best option.

4. Griffyndor

Griffyndor Senior member

Chittleborough & Morgan? Definitely not. They've got Michael Browne. They don't need a rebrand. One of the most forward-thinking and modern on the row.

5. zeesus

zeesus New Member

I have read a lot on Michael Browne lately and thought of branding himself as an idea too.