1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

save the planet

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by seoulfully, Jun 12, 2006.

1. seoulfully

seoulfully Senior Member

2. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

"Buying jeans made of cotton originating closer to Europe was also less damaging."

This is a backward, protectionist rationale that undermines the much needed development of textile industries in developing nations.

3. Tck13

Tck13 Distinguished Member

Slightly off topic but;

I just noticed at http://www.mynudies.com/ that Nudies are somewhat friendly because they have control over who makes their jeans.

In other words, they don't use "sweatshops" to create the jeans they design.

Doesn't really help the environment too much, well, except for some people's work environment I guess.

4. SGladwell

SGladwell Distinguished Member

"Buying jeans made of cotton originating closer to Europe was also less damaging." This is a backward, protectionist rationale that undermines the much needed development of textile industries in developing nations.
    Not exactly. "Closer to Europe" could mean Africa instead of China or the United States, after all. Excepting the US and Australia, I don't think cotton is even cultivated in the developed world. Also, nothing in that statement had anything to do with production, only raw materials. Besides, they're right: the less an item is transported, the lower its environmental footprint. I do assume they meant every wash fifth wearing and not every fifth day, though.