• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sausages234 still trading?

FELT

Reaction score
Just been to ebay (UK) to have a browse for shoes, and discovered that sausages234, a seller who's been trading since the dawn of ebay in excellent English shoes (C&J etc), currently has nothing for sale.

Does anyone happen to know if they've closed down the business?

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me.
he might be on vacation.
I purchased some shoes from him fairly recently (in the past 2 months).
great seller.

I am happy to read this. I've seen many of his ads and so many excellent deals I regret passing up on. I look forward to buying from him one day.

Grigory

Reaction score

kev777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its kids school holidays over here in the UK many people away for the week dont worry.

FELT

Reaction score
Thank you all for the reassuring replies.

countbaron

Reaction score
Sausages is an interesting seller in what I am concerned since he seems to buy many things from the same places I do, the difference being of course that I buy them for myself and he/she seems to do this 'professionally'

Since I have developed (OSD) Obsessive Shoe/Shirt Disorder this last year I have often wondered if I can re-coup some of my medical costs by selling shoes here/ebay.

Sausages may be a nice guy but when i compare what i buy things for and what he/she sells it for; there is a 60-70% mark-up (Don’t quote me on details). For someone like me -with no e-sales experience -this seems like a healthy profit margin.

The issue for me is that since I would never 'go pro' when i think of all the requirements to do this it looks a little daunting. That has lead me to think about doing proxy services instead, but of course nobody can proxy what they can't be sure to get which is often (not always) the case so that becomes a complication of itself

Any advice from the SF community on the following:

Should I go ebay or SF B&S?
Should I go as a traditional seller or proxy?
How much time/effort do you reckon it would take to sell , say 2-3 pairs of high end shoes per week (well below US MSRP)?

Your feedback is welcome as i consider embarking on this path

Jangofett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by countbaron
Since I have developed (OSD) Obsessive Shoe/Shirt Disorder this last year I have often wondered if I can re-coup some of my medical costs by selling shoes here/ebay.

The issue for me is that since I would never 'go pro' when i think of all the requirements to do this it looks a little daunting. That has lead me to think about doing proxy services instead, but of course nobody can proxy what they can't be sure to get which is often (not always) the case so that becomes a complication of itself

Any advice from the SF community on the following:

Should I go ebay or SF B&S?
Should I go as a traditional seller or proxy?
How much time/effort do you reckon it would take to sell , say 2-3 pairs of high end shoes per week (well below US MSRP)?

Your feedback is welcome as i consider embarking on this path

1. Er, your medical costs due to your OSD? I think I have OSD too but due to the lack of potential pickings, its been curtailed a bit.

2. Proxying is just a low cost way for you to make money. You do not come up with the dough but your profits would correspondingly be lower. The truth is, if you know what model of shoes will sell and buy the right sizes, you are set. All those traditional black or brown wingtips. All the Lobb Prestiges and CJ handgrades etc.

3. Selling online is time-consuming, especially if you wish to offer top quality service like me.

You need to photograph the damn thing and even a top notch digital camera may not help you much.
You need to list out the damn thing in detail, down to its flaws.
You need to reply to countless of lame questions, some lamer than the others, like how to maintain the EG shoes. How the fook should I know?
You need to pack the damn thing.
You need to think whether to insure it and for how much.
You need to deal with constant queries on 'when will I get me shoes?' or 'you fooking cheat, where is my money!'
You need to deal with the aggravation of paypal and shitbay. Shitbay have something about not selling too many stuff within a month and of course, there's their commission.

If you wish to sell 2 to 3 shoes a week, unless you are on the dole, its gonna take up alot of your spare time I tell you.

4. I will list on both shitbay and BS. BS is free anyway.
Sometimes shitbay can fetch you a very handsome price.

5. Please commence being a reseller. I can hear the siren call of a few Lobbs and EG for me.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jangofett
You need to photograph the damn thing and even a top notch digital camera may not help you much.
You need to list out the damn thing in detail, down to its flaws.
You need to reply to countless of lame questions, some lamer than the others, like how to maintain the EG shoes. How the fook should I know?
You need to pack the damn thing.
You need to think whether to insure it and for how much.
You need to deal with constant queries on 'when will I get me shoes?' or 'you fooking cheat, where is my money!'
You need to deal with the aggravation of paypal and shitbay. Shitbay have something about not selling too many stuff within a month and of course, there's their commission.

Damn, thanks for pretty much summing up my week.
ffffuuuu.gif

*skulks back to photographing, packing, and shipping*

Jangofett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Damn, thanks for pretty much summing up my week.
ffffuuuu.gif

*skulks back to photographing, packing, and shipping*

Forgot to add - the joys of waiting in line in the post office and filling up those forms in triplicates!

Why dont you get some peon surf to do the grunt work while you chillax. Or you can get the little lady to do all the stuff for you.

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Forgot to add - the joys of waiting in line in the post office and filling up those forms in triplicates!

Why dont you get some peon surf to do the grunt work while you chillax. Or you can get the little lady to do all the stuff for you.

1. I got the hookups (aka I tip regularly and big) to never wait on line at the PO
bigstar[1].gif

2. Mrs. Spoo manages the books, I do the creative... which is probably why I dont have a Ferrari yet
ffffuuuu.gif

Jangofett

Reaction score
Mmm, anyway I am awaiting countbaron's reply, I hope he will get me the croc Becketts Ascots have been trying to let go. But aint no way I am spending 7.5 grand in sterling for that!!

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Mmm, anyway I am awaiting countbaron's reply, I hope he will get me the croc Becketts Ascots have been trying to let go. But aint no way I am spending 7.5 grand in sterling for that!!

He aint letting go of those cheap, Ill tell you that right now. They are stunning. He sold the Chapels in lizard for 3.3k IIRC

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads