• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sausage & beer - how much do you like that?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Received that mailer today and was wondering who would pay $200+ for a tasting menu centered around sausage and beer (and other pork-based derivatives), however high end these may be.

Show of hands please?

BH-issue-23-bulletin.jpg

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
That's totally against the egalitarian spirit of beer and sausage.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
That's totally against the egalitarian spirit of beer and sausage.

Depends on the universe. It's egalitarian among high spenders.

Doesn't really strike me as the type of event you would expect in an economic crisis...

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love beer and sausages. Unfortunately, $190 seems a little pricy, especially during the state of the economy.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Depends on the universe. It's egalitarian among high spenders. Doesn't really strike me as the type of event you would expect in an economic crisis...
No kidding! I've never been to Blue Hill. My wife went a few months ago for a work dinner and thought it was extremely mediocre. It's all well and good that the pork came from a pig named Frances who enjoyed Mozart and granny smith apples, but that matters little if the dish is dull.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
I've never been to Blue Hill. My wife went a few months ago for a work dinner and thought it was extremely mediocre. It's all well and good that the pork came from a pig named Frances who enjoyed Mozart and granny smith apples, but that matters little if the dish is dull.
I've been twice and was disappointed twice. However, the Stone Barns location is an entirely different story. Food is really incredible and the setting is really nice. We try to go once a year in the spring or fall, with a stop at Storm King for a little walk among the gigantic Calders and Serras.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Depends on the universe. It's egalitarian among high spenders.

Doesn't really strike me as the type of event you would expect in an economic crisis...

I guess if you're having to lay off the chateaubriand and champagne, it's a worthy step down for the time being. Roughing it in their own special way.

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like sausage and beer a whole hell of a lot.

For 200 bucks, I can probably get at least 50 or so lbs of sausage. And it would be good sausage. I'm not sure how you make 1 meal for 1 person out of 200 dollars worth of sausage.

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Milhouse

For 200 bucks, I can probably get at least 50 or so lbs of sausage. And it would be good sausage. I'm not sure how you make 1 meal for 1 person out of 200 dollars worth of sausage.

I go to two stores that sometimes have truffles in their product (one has a champagne-truffle chicken sausage, the other is an italian deli that has a truffle salami) with prices of $15 to $25 / lb. So, I guess what I'm saying is I'd need to get a whack of truffles in my sausage at this dinner to be interested. Or 4 lbs of wagyu in lieu of.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Milhouse

I was thinking something similar - For $200 I could charter a car to Luling and have a ton of sausage and beer. Hell, any town in the Texas Hill Country does up some good sausage and beer, usually home-brewed.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have flown in a suitcase full of sausages and draft (unpasterized) beer from germany for a dinner party for friends. I love good beer and sausage. if I didn't get to germany a few times a year, I might blow 200 bucks on a good meal. I think that I enjoy that more than a lot of fancier meals.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I <3 sausage and beer!!!! I really go out of my way to get good sausage, and I don't mean that in a **** way.

TheIdler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I absolutely love sausage and beer, but at that price I think I'd rather fly to Nuremberg.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I love beer and I love sausage, but no, I couldn't do it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads