• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sauces

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
no idea what a Chick-Fil- A is.
chickFilA.jpg

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Yes. This is the best store bought bbq sauce i've encountered as well. A little sweet but it's good. No high fructose corn syrup or hydrogenated oils and what not either. It's good stuff. I've used it for crockpot pulled pork and it comes out great
Exactly what I used it for (image reposted from the what did you have for dinner last night thread):
IMG_8850.JPG
Ed, if it makes a difference (I suspect that it will not
smile.gif
), I like very little sauce on my pulled pork. I used one jar for ~5 pounds of pork. Then again, I'm sure the use of a crockpot DQ'd me anyway.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
This thread deserves more attention. I believe Ranch Dressing, Honey-Mustard Sauce and Miracle Whip deserve mention in the classy pantheon of accouterments that is this thread.

And A-1?

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The only bottled sauce I use frequently is Hot Cock.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
And A-1?
I actually prefer a mix of 60% ketchup / 40% Worcestershire to A1 . It's not exactly the same, but it serves the same purpose and leaves a little room in my fridge for 57 which is a different animal completely. Also like HP on fries.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon
I actually prefer a mix of 60% ketchup / 40% Worcestershire to A1 . It's not exactly the same, but it serves the same purpose and leaves a little room in my fridge for 57 which is a different animal completely. Also like HP on fries.
Does this combination make hamburgers into steakburgers?

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
is getting bottled and sold. details to follow.

Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
Why don't you just post it here? What's the big secret?

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ed, no sauce. really?

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
ed, no sauce. really?

nah, dry rub only, smoked over "sweet" wood. Ribs, shoulder, stuff like that. The closest I get to a sauce is a marinade before smoking. I'll buy a couple of bottle of your **** though, if only to put a couple of bucks in your pockets and keep you from killing yourself

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
anybody who uses "sauce" for barbeque obviously knows nothing about barbeque.
Not true. I've been to some pretty top notch places in the south and know people who compete. Can vary. Blanket statements like that make me think you're overcompensating with trying to be a food elitist. I've had some mean ass dry rubs with good smoke rings but depending on the place i'm at, the way they're serving it and recommending it, some sauce works out well. Still don't understand why a lot of people in the food threads feel the need to present some time honored single "true" way of everything from coffee, bbq, grilling, etc... Must be a coincidence that so many people's "favorite" way of food, is also the most traditional.
rolleyes.gif
**** can be good multiple ways.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Not true. I've been to some pretty top notch places in the south and know people who compete. Can vary. Blanket statements like that make me think you're overcompensating with trying to be a food elitist. I've had some mean ass dry rubs with good smoke rings but depending on the place i'm at, the way they're serving it and recommending it, some sauce works out well.

Still don't understand why a lot of people in the food threads feel the need to present some time honored single "true" way of everything from coffee, bbq, grilling, etc... Must be a coincidence that so many people's "favorite" way of food, is also the most traditional.
rolleyes.gif
**** can be good multiple ways.

Yes, I am being a food elitist discussing barbeque, that high form of cooking. I don't like sauce, if the stuff is smoked and seasoned properly, sauce can only detract from it but that's just my opinion. But you know what they say about opinion's, they are like a-holes, everyone has one and chronoaug is always trying to lick them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads