Sasseti Shoes vs AE MacNeil

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by blue123, Jan 6, 2013.

1. blue123

blue123 Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

I am in the process of deciding between two shoes. One is the Sasseti Trento on sale at Nordstrom. Or the AE Macneil in brown which is on sale as well. Does anyone know anything about Sasseti as a brand? Are they quality shoes? I would love to get people's opinions on what is a better buy being that both shoes are at the same price point. Thanks!

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Viral

Viral Senior member

Sassetti's are great.......they rarely go on sale and also make the higher end RL shoes. Go for 'em!!

3. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

odd comparison between a chunky gunboat and an italian style chisel toe captoe.
    sasseti quality is just fine

4. blue123

blue123 Well-Known Member

I agree with it being an odd comparison. I guess I am more familiar with AE as a brand than Sasseti in terms of quality. The oppurtunity is there for me to purchase either shoe. I just wanted to make sure I am not investing in brand that will not last.

5. Viral

Viral Senior member

Reputable shoes from a reputable retailer.........you have nothing to lose!

6. khe86

khe86 Senior member

Hows the fit on Sassetti shoes for those who owns it?

7. SoGent

SoGent Senior member

true to size with a touch narrow for a great fit is my experience . . . . twice so far

8. mr monty

mr monty Senior member

Sassetti makes lots of shoes for other labels. The quality of the shoe is determined by how much money the "other labels" are willing to invest in shoes for their label. Quality can range from below average to high end . Don't expect the same quality in the Trento (from Nordstom) as you would a pair of Sassetti for Ralph Lauren Purple label ($1200+ retail). This is true for most shoe manufacturers that make shoes for other labels.

9. Viral

Viral Senior member

There is some truth in your statement, however even Sassetti's minimum level of quality would be acceptable. The Trento is a good shoe for the money. In the OP's case specifically, they are a great (if not the best) option.

Add to the fact that buying something from Nordstrom is probably the safest route when on the fence due to their superior returns and customer service policies.

Cheers!

10. khe86

khe86 Senior member

At a little less than $200, I grabbed a pair of the Sassetti. Worst comes, I go to the nearby Nordstrom Rack and return the shoes when they arrive.

11. meister

meister Senior member

You won't need to I suspect.

12. khe86

khe86 Senior member

The Sassetti Trento arrived and it's pretty good construction. Uppers aren't as soft as my other Italian leather shoes but the leather is also thicker. Construction is sturdy (good year welted) with a pretty thick leather sole.

As for the design, I feel like the toe is a little bit too square and not quite as chiseled as I thought.

[​IMG]

13. FHJR2

FHJR2 New Member

I have the opportunity to purchase a pair of Sassetti Leonid Apron Split Toe Oxfords. Is this an average quality Sassetti? What is the shoe last. Thanks.