• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sartorio Summer Cashmere Sport Coat

RowdyRod

Reaction score
Hello All:
New to the forum. I've run across a store down here in Boca Raton, FL that carries the Sartorio brand of summer cashmere sportcoats in many different colors. They are lightweight and ideal for our summers here. Anyone have experience with this brand? Is it a good name? Quality construction? Store is running a 30% off sale on remaining ones, and I'm just dipping my toe into Italian sport coats. Is Ravazzolo a better brand? Any advice appreciated.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello All:
New to the forum. I've run across a store down here in Boca Raton, FL that carries the Sartorio brand of summer cashmere sportcoats in many different colors. They are lightweight and ideal for our summers here. Anyone have experience with this brand? Is it a good name? Quality construction? Store is running a 30% off sale on remaining ones, and I'm just dipping my toe into Italian sport coats. Is Ravazzolo a better brand? Any advice appreciated.
No personal experience w/ the brand. It is a less expensive line from Kiton which is
reputably one of the best RTW makers in Italy. Ravazzalo also has a good reputation. I like
Belvest for quality/.price. However Belvest manufactures a wide variety of styles for different
retailers so there is not a lot of consistency in cut. Here are some Sartorio selections from the
discounter Sartorile

RowdyRod

Reaction score
No personal experience w/ the brand. It is a less expensive line from Kiton which is
reputably one of the best RTW makers in Italy. Ravazzalo also has a good reputation. I like
Belvest for quality/.price. However Belvest manufactures a wide variety of styles for different
retailers so there is not a lot of consistency in cut. Here are some Sartorio selections from the
discounter Sartorile

Thanks comrade. I will have to check out Belvest.

Shen

Reaction score
I have a few jackets from Sartorio, and have bought and returned quite a few (for various reasons) over the years. The quality differs a bit and the amount of handwork on the jackets also seem to fluctuate, which should be noted. Last year I bought a light blue summer cashmere/silk jacket from Sartorio. I only returned it because I realised that it would most likely only be worn a handful of times per year due to the colour and the fact that I reside in Sweden. However, the jacket and the material felt very nice altogether. It was completely unstructured, the material was super light, had a wonderful hand and felt very light to wear whilst still maintaining a good fit. It really had a luxurious and relaxed feeling.

RowdyRod

Reaction score
I have a few jackets from Sartorio, and have bought and returned quite a few (for various reasons) over the years. The quality differs a bit and the amount of handwork on the jackets also seem to fluctuate, which should be noted. Last year I bought a light blue summer cashmere/silk jacket from Sartorio. I only returned it because I realised that it would most likely only be worn a handful of times per year due to the colour and the fact that I reside in Sweden. However, the jacket and the material felt very nice altogether. It was completely unstructured, the material was super light, had a wonderful hand and felt very light to wear whilst still maintaining a good fit. It really had a luxurious and relaxed feeling.
Thanks Shen. The store owner was wearing a light blue one when I went there. Not sure this link will work to their instagram page, but these are the colors they had. The light orange one oddly enough is calling me..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads