Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sartorialist in GQ

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Get Smart, Aug 8, 2006.

1. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

Scott the Sartorialist will have a monthly column starting in Oct. Pretty cool for him, nice to see someone take it to the "next level" starting from a blog site. I think this will be a nice addition to the magazine.

2. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

get stuff i like the blog and it great to see what people dress like on the other side of the would some1 should do a stle blog for tokyo london and paris i would say hong kong too but i dont think this place is so stylish!

3. designprofessor

designprofessor Senior member

A score for GQ. I usually bypass most of it, but will keep up with his columns. I hope he keeps the wonderfull happy spirit that permeates his blog and photos. It's a refreshing and honest departure from fashion's constant smugness.

4. DNW

DNW Senior member

get stuff i like the blog and it great to see what people dress like on the other side of the would some1 should do a stle blog for tokyo london and paris i would say hong kong too but i dont think this place is so stylish!

Say what??? Dude, get off whatever you're smoking.

BTW, congrats to The Sartorialist. I hope he makes a good living off of what he loves.

5. Matt

Matt [email protected]

notice he has taken down his SF (and other) links.

I feel so cheap.

6. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Say what??? Dude, get off whatever you're smoking.

BTW, congrats to The Sartorialist. I hope he makes a good living off of what he loves.

The dude is from Hong Kong man. So give him a bit of a break, unless your Canto is as better than his English.

As for the matter at hand, Congrats to Scot. Man, this is great news. I guess that I'll keep up my subscription to GQ yet another year.

7. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

Finally, something that would be worth reading in GQ.

8. DNW

DNW Senior member

The dude is from Hong Kong man. So give him a bit of a break, unless your Canto is as better than his English.

Not to detract from the thread, but you're right. I don't speak or write Cantonese. However, if I were to try, I'd run it through a spell checker. I meant no harm; I apologize if my comment came off as insensitive.

9. thisisme

thisisme Senior member

green tea up in this shit

10. luk-cha

Not to detract from the thread, but you're right. I don't speak or write Cantonese. However, if I were to try, I'd run it through a spell checker. I meant no harm; I apologize if my comment came off as insensitive.

thats ok old bean! i have this trouble alll the time as the gaffer keep have a bouchers over my shoulders now and again! so i sometimes mis-spell, also i dont read or write chinese only speak it fluently both cantonese and mandarin! so sometimes the fingers can not type as quick as i think what to put! but i know thats no excuse as i dont get much chance to speak english anymore so it suffer - so sorry if i have offended any1 with my bad english![​IMG]

11. chobochobo

chobochobo Rubber Chicken Dubiously Honored Moderator

Some parts of Hong Kong are okay (you should come round to wear I work) but there are a lot of black suits [​IMG]

12. Toiletduck

Toiletduck Senior member

I'd like to see you try to find a canto spell checker.
    Some parts of Hong Kong are okay (you should come round to wear I work) but there are a lot of black suits [​IMG]
    Yea..theres an abundance of black suits in Hong kong...actually everywhere really..except on styleforum. [​IMG]

13. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I'd like to see you try to find a canto spell checker.

Yea..theres an abundance of black suits in Hong kong...actually everywhere really..except on styleforum. [​IMG]

Some style-conscious people in Hong Kong are very fond of Dior Homme, Ann Demeulemeester, Dries Van Noten, et al. who produce a large amount of black suits.

14. luk-cha

so chap where do you work? perhap i could come over 1 time and we meet up
    also toiletduck too! coz where i am the stlye is not so great but the dior homme store thats opened this week is nice and cheaper than joyce too!

15. GreyFlannelMan

GreyFlannelMan Senior member

We hate it when our friends become successful....