• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MarkWinter

Reaction score
WIN_9134-Edit.jpg Lately black calf penny loafers have been spotted on the feet of the most recognisable faces of the menswear community. Their edge over formal lace-ups makes them a great choice to wear with business suits or with your favourite navy blazer and grey flannel combination. We find this model a particularly elegant choice on the market today. Find our new Tom Ford shoe collection online here: https://www.sartoriale.com/collections/tom-ford

MarkWinter

Reaction score
One of the gems from our Kiton assortment. Lightweight cashmere is just perfect to wear at this time of the year. It keeps you warm on chilly mornings and feels great throughout the day too, without ever feeling overheated. We love the color combination of dark brown and red, slightly unusual while sophisticated and versatile. It looks great with the holy trinity of men's bottoms: grey flannel, dark denim and khaki cotton trousers. Dress it up with tie or down with a rollneck or denim shirt.

IMG-3496.JPG

MarkWinter

Reaction score
Boglioli made it's reputation with suprelemly tailored unconstructed jackets, now they offer a great selection of casual outerwear too. We particularly like their lightweight raincoats, perfect for covering up against April showers. The fabrics have a nicely worn in appeal, the cuts are nice and slim. They look great over casual tailoring (suits or sportcoats) and with denim as well. Contemporary and understated, something to rely on for a long time.

Capture0001-7_export.jpg

MarkWinter

Reaction score
Hi @MarkWinter and @sartoriale.
I see this D'Avenza suit on your ebay store, but not on your web store.
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/DAVENZA-Rom...ith-Silk-Lining-EU-56-NEW-US-46-/123642599261

1. Is there still a SF member discount and how do I use it?
  2. Regarding the item itself, what is the weight of the fabric? More summer/spring or automn/winter?
Thanks

Hi,

Thank you for inquiring! We appreciate all fellow menswear enthusiasts on our website with a 15% discount. You can use the coupon code "SF15" to get it. For your convenience, here is a link to the suit: https://www.sartoriale.com/collecti...ue-wool-suit-with-silk-lining-eu-56-new-us-46

Regarding the weight, it was made of light/medium weight wool.

Please let me know if you need any further info!

Best,
Mark

MarkWinter

Reaction score
D'avenza Favorites for Spring - The Double Breasted Sharkskin Suit

We put together looks based around some spring favorites from our D'avenza assortment. Starting with a grey sharkskin DB suit. The cut is really well balanced, not too agressive, the shoulders are lightly padded, the fabric has a good weight and drape. This suit is great for important business or formal summer events.

WIN_9293-Edit.jpg

papado

Reaction score
Just received a wonderful burgundy Seraphin leather/suede jacket and am pleased yet again! Add in a previous Isaia suit I got last year for a great deal and I can't believe I waited so long to order from Sartoriale; should have been looking all along!

MarkWinter

Reaction score
Just received a wonderful burgundy Seraphin leather/suede jacket and am pleased yet again! Add in a previous Isaia suit I got last year for a great deal and I can't believe I waited so long to order from Sartoriale; should have been looking all along!

Thank you for your kind words! Seraphin is one of the best kept secrets among aficionados. Other than the "Seraphin" brand, they manufacture for Hermes, which sell for double the price. As being a French house, their pieces carry the traditions of paying attention to fine details.

If you have the time, would you mind sharing your look with the jacket?

Last edited:

MarkWinter

Reaction score
D'avenza Favorites For Spring - The Bold Plaid Sportcoat

Sportcoats made out of bold, patterned fabrics are best worn in the spring summer season. They look great under the high sun, with their light and bright colors. This wool/silk plaid number from D'avenza is made to a very high standard RTW production, featuring full canvas construction. The cut is well proportioned with nicely defined shoulder line. Stuctured, but soft at the same time.

WIN_9306-Recovered.jpg

MarkWinter

Reaction score
One of the highlights of our current accessory selection is this crocodile wallet from Sutor Mantelassi. Hand stitched in Italy, in a great shade of brown, it is a real investment and a grail piece in any connoisseurs wardrobe.

SUTOR_MANTELLASSI_Hand-Sewn_Brown_Crocodile_Leather_Card_Holder_Wallet_NEW8_1024x1024.jpg

SUTOR_MANTELLASSI_Hand-Sewn_Brown_Crocodile_Leather_Card_Holder_Wallet_NEW5_1024x1024.jpg

SUTOR_MANTELLASSI_Hand-Sewn_Brown_Crocodile_Leather_Card_Holder_Wallet_NEW3_1024x1024.jpg

SUTOR_MANTELLASSI_Hand-Sewn_Brown_Crocodile_Leather_Card_Holder_Wallet_NEW4_1024x1024.jpg

SUTOR_MANTELLASSI_Hand-Sewn_Brown_Crocodile_Leather_Card_Holder_Wallet_NEW1_1024x1024.jpg

MarkWinter

Reaction score
D'avenza Favorites For Spring - The Windowpane Sportcoat

While you can never have enough navy blazers, a subtly patterned dark blue sportcoat in a seasonal fabric should be part of your wardrobe too. This wool/linen D'avenza number is light,breathable and versatile enough to be styled for the office or wore it after hours at the bar.

WIN_9301-Edit.jpg

MarkWinter

Reaction score
Guys,

Need some info on the Sartoria Partenopea brown overcoat in 42. Are the sleeve buttons included and is there fabric to lower the sleeves half to one inch?

https://www.sartoriale.com/collecti...own-wool-cashmere-db-coat?variant=10582012609

Cheers!

Hi,

Yes, the matching buttons are included and the sleeves can be let down by half an inch easily.

IMG_0156_export.jpg
IMG_0157_export.jpg

If you need anything else, just let me know!

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks!!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads