• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MarkWinter

Reaction score

Beautiful short movie by @Heinrich Dinkelacker We were happy to collaborate on this one, the suit worn in the video is from our D'avenza collection. Fits like a glove, if you ask us.

MarkWinter

Reaction score
In the casual men's wardrobe the leather jacket is one of the most important pieces one can acquire. Similarly like classic suits, it has a transformative effect on the weather, making him feel cool, masculine, tough, a feeling hard to precisely describe. Weighing around 10 pounds, this vintage Vanson California Highway Patrol motorcycle jacket is a truly original piece of clothing, made to a quality second to none. A real collector's item, a menswear grail, which can be also worn out at the right place and time.

kepatmeretezes_hu_11.jpg

kepatmeretezes_hu_12.jpg

MarkWinter

Reaction score
Shoulder detail on a Rubinacci sportcoat. We offer a great selection of never collected bespoke pieces in perfect condition, nowhere else to be found online.

WIN_6534.jpg

Skanstull

Reaction score
When you measure the shoulders - do you measure the jacket lying on a flat surface, or hanging on a proper hanger (giving some curvature)? I ask as I get almost an inch difference between the two methods when measuring my own jackets.

MarkWinter

Reaction score
When you measure the shoulders - do you measure the jacket lying on a flat surface, or hanging on a proper hanger (giving some curvature)? I ask as I get almost an inch difference between the two methods when measuring my own jackets.

We always measure them on a hanger.

Last edited:

MarkWinter

Reaction score
We are always advocate of the saying that "You can never have enough blue jackets". This one is from D'avenza, with a subtle houndstooth overcheck pattern in a wool/silk blend. Definitely on the formal side of the spectrum, something to wear with a navy rollneck for a nice dinner or just like it's pictured for a "business casual" look.

WIN_6566.jpg

MarkWinter

Reaction score
Our new set of photographs showcase some of our favorite sportcoats from Cesare Attolini. Known as the creator of the Neapolitan jacket, Vincenzo Attolini revolutionized tailoring in his city. Almost 90 years later, his grandchilden helm the family company, still following his style and method.

kepatmeretezes_hu_WIN7030Edit.JPG

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Our new set of photographs showcase some of our favorite sportcoats from Cesare Attolini. Known as the creator of the Neapolitan jacket, Vincenzo Attolini revolutionized tailoring in his city. Almost 90 years later, his grandchilden helm the family company, still following his style and method.

View attachment 1066880

You're preaching to the converted with me. I only have Attolini suits, jackets and accessories. How do their RTW shirts fit and do they make slimmer cut models?

On the topic of the Neapolitan history, and Attolini's seminal stylistic authorship, Chris Despos posted this interesting tidbit in his blog recently.
http://tuttofattoamano.blogspot.com/2018/08/rippled-sleeve-heads.html?m=1

MarkWinter

Reaction score
You're preaching to the converted with me. I only have Attolini suits, jackets and accessories. How do their RTW shirts fit and do they make slimmer cut models?

On the topic of the Neapolitan history, and Attolini's seminal stylistic authorship, Chris Despos posted this interesting tidbit in his blog recently.
http://tuttofattoamano.blogspot.com/2018/08/rippled-sleeve-heads.html?m=1

They are indeed slimmer cuts, especially with US standards. Think of Kiton, they are very similar but with less handwork.

I am 174 pounds and 6 feet tall, here is a size 39 on me:

WhatsApp Image 2018-11-09 at 17.11.13(3).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-11-09 at 17.11.13(2).jpeg

Thanks for the link!

Last edited:

MarkWinter

Reaction score
Another ensemble highlighting an exceptional Cesare Attolini sportcoat. A great, warm shade of brown in a lightweight wool/cashmere flannel, with double windowpane overcheck. In today’s dress down world, brown tones are great to level down the formality aspect of tailoring.
Lose the tie, change the shirt for denim and the shoes to loafers, the jacket would still reign but in a more easy-going way. The soft appeal of Neapolitan tailoring also helps a lot to achieve this casual, yet elegant juxtaposition.

kepatmeretezes_hu_WIN7040Edit.JPG

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads