1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Sartorial style and mainstream trends

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by aybojs, Aug 17, 2004.

1. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Congratulations, you are in the top 0.0001% of people in the world who actually have good watches. So what if you don't have a PP ref. 5002? A Patek is better than no Patek. Jon.

2. Styleman

Styleman Senior member

Not really in my school like 30% of the girls have Chopards or Cartiers, and about 30% of guys again have Rolexes or Cartiers.

3. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

(imageWIS @ 19 Aug. 2004, 3:43) Congratulations, you are in the top 0.0001% of people in the world who actually have good watches. So what if you don't have a PP ref. 5002? A Patek is better than no Patek. Jon.
    Not really in my school like 30% of the girls have Chopard or Cartier, and about 30% of guys again have Rolexes or Cartiers.
    Dude, I said the world, not your school. Oh, and by the way, just because people wear such things, it does not necessarily mean that they know what they are / appreciate what they have / "˜collect watches'. I hate people who tell me they are watch collectors, but could not differentiate between a F. Piguet and Patek movement if their life depended on it. But I continue my ranting yet again... My whole point is consider yourself lucky, is all. Jon.

4. Styleman

Styleman Senior member

I got your point; I was just making a separate point is all. I by no means appreciate all my watches refinements, but then again I do not claim to be a watch aficionado. Everything on this forum leads to watches after the thread is dead.... [​IMG]

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

No, the shirts were actually made by Holliday and Brown for Prada (Prada cuts; Holliday & Brown materials, patterns and manufacture.) These types of cross-over collaborations are becoming increasingly common.

6. Styleman

Styleman Senior member

The shirts are likely made by Prada but using Holliday & Brown designs actually archived from the '60s/70s. Prada has been having a field day with the retro mod British look. At least they are authentic designs, though.
    No, the shirts were actually made by Holliday and Brown for Prada (Prada cuts; Holliday & Brown materials, patterns and manufacture.) Â These types of cross-over collaborations are becoming increasingly common.
    Fred Perry and Comme Des Garcons comes to mind.