Sartorial mythbusting

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by apropos, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Film Noir Buff

Film Noir Buff Senior member

[​IMG] there's your bat.
    Back at you [​IMG]

2. mccvi

mccvi Senior member

Back at you

"For everyone's information, I have some very serious people looking at this site and I don't think they understand, nor care, about the soap opera which is the world of some of the internet style message boards."
    [​IMG]

3. mccvi

mccvi Senior member

Since you asked. Notice that the stripes aren't anywhere near in alignment, that the shoulder and chest area are loose , that the jacket gapes in the front where it should not, and the odd patterned "V" on the inside of his left sleeve. Terrible extra fabric in the sleeve head, I could go on. it's all very well for ready made but one would think someone pushing custom would have a better idea. No wonder he is bent over like Cornelius. Now all this technical stuff pales in comparison to how infrequent this suit style is seen in the USA. Most Americans wont wear this because of its trash bag roominess.
    "I have no competition as a "dandy", nor do I need to compete with people in the trade, or degrade them. If someone has displeased you, state your information with responsibility and then take a deep breath and move on...but do move on."

4. Film Noir Buff

"For everyone's information, I have some very serious people looking at this site and I don't think they understand, nor care, about the soap opera which is the world of some of the internet style message boards." [​IMG]
    Ohhhhh, serious people, well why didnt you say so? [​IMG]
    "I have no competition as a "dandy", nor do I need to compete with people in the trade, or degrade them. If someone has displeased you, state your information with responsibility and then take a deep breath and move on...but do move on."
    My comments are both sincere and accurate. If anyone degrades anyone, it is the wearer of that, that, that...suit who degrades himself. He offends me with it sir, and he owes me an apology.

5. mccvi

mccvi Senior member

My comments are both sincere and accurate. If anyone degrades anyone, it is the wearer of that, that, that...suit who degrades himself. He offends me with it sir, and he owes me an apology.

Well played, sir. Well played.

6. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

Yawn. Good morning.

Have we determined yet who the fattest guy in the worst suit is?

Where's the poal?

[​IMG]

- B

7. tailorgod

tailorgod Senior member

The Germans, who are obsessed with getting that line perfectly vertical all the way up and down have a way of dealing with it, but I don't think it would work with a belly of that size; by straightening the shoulder, which would eliminate some of the leaning, you throw some of the excess to the side instead of the front, where it is needed. I think stripes should be avoided for this type of figure for this very reason.

[​IMG]

And yet you are right about both, the obsession and better to avoid stripes (or any dominant pattern)! [​IMG]

8. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

Its Terry the Tit in the suit.

9. Film Noir Buff

Yawn. Good morning. Have we determined yet who the fattest guy in the worst suit is? Where's the poal? [​IMG] - B
    Oh, I thought we were determining how many extra suits Anderson and Sheppard's newest Spokes Geek was going to sell or if he would actually hurt the business in spite of his winning personality.[​IMG]

10. tailorgod

tailorgod Senior member

Its Terry the Tit in the suit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. ZON_JR

ZON_JR Senior member

If you go to FNB's site and find the pics of Two-Ton Teplitz you'll see him wearing the vest for that suit and he looks completely normal.

12. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

[​IMG]

13. Film Noir Buff

[​IMG]
    But for the boots, I kind of like this.

14. joshman

joshman Senior member

[​IMG]

He might be Italian, his balls are very English.

15. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

But again, what makes you think the wearer wouldn't look much worse in another suit? Imagine him in an A&S suit with all it's negligently draping folds?

I think also that because I simply do not care about mens' bodies that I must be part of that small percentage that is in no way gay. There are those that are happily gay, those that aren't and a large proportion that live in a state of denial in the middle ground.[​IMG]

I don't want to have sex with trees or paintings and for some reason I can emit aesthetic judgments about them, in fact if I couldn't I'd be in denial, like a lot of dudes (like you) are about being unable to emit any judgment about a man's physical appearance.