1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Sartorial Leather Jackets by Craftsman Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Former Affiliate Vendor Threads; a Locked Forum.' started by CraftsmanCo, Feb 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 02///M3

02///M3 Senior member

Hah, ok I'm out of town for the weekend but will throw a couple up when I get back. In the meantime, hang tight! The wait will be worth it.

2. CraftsmanCo

CraftsmanCo Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Thanks much for all the kind words. We are happier than you when you say you love it.

Your feedback is appreciated and important to us for improvements.

3. CraftsmanCo

Hi Justin and Andy,

Both of yours were shipped on the same day but haven't been delivered.
    I have no idea why but a few of the other jackets also shipped to the states days later arrived already.

I've been checking with the Post Office to see if they are on hold under custom clearance.
    It's public holiday in Hong Kong and I will you keep you posted when they resume to work on Tue.

I apologise for any dissatisfaction.

4. CraftsmanCo

Yes we do. Please PM or email us at CraftsmanClothing@gmail.com

5. Chaconne

Chaconne Senior member

6. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

Thank you for looking into this. Obviously more frustration with the transportation than with you guys. I can definitely say I am really excited and anxious for my jacket. I'm pretty sure I can say the same is true for Andy.

7. Andy57

Andy57 Senior member

Yes, I'd still like to get the jacket I paid for. My excitement has given way now to concern. If the jacket ever is actually delivered, it will take me a while to honestly assess it as my opinion of Craftsman is now affected by this shipping experience. I think it is utter folly to ship a high-value item (and I think it's fair to say that a jacket that costs over $600 is a high-value item) via a carrier that does not provide end-to-end tracking. The description of the contents of the package and the value of the package have to be written on the customs form that is visible on the outside of the package. Coupled with the lack of traceability, you might as well have put a label on it that said "steal me".

8. barramundi

barramundi Senior member

Currently in the midst of finals, but just wanted to say I've received my jacket today. Was packaged very well. Tears rolled down my face when I opened the box. The jacket is absolutely beautiful. This is my first leather jacket, and I am so happy to have shared that experience with Craftsman Clothing. I am wearing the jacket as I write this. Sizing is /dead on/. Will write a more detailed overview when I get the time.

@Justin and Andy, I hope you guys get your jackets soon, or that this gets resolved swiftly.

1 person likes this.
  9. Andy57

Andy57 Senior member

As it turns out, by some small miracle, the tracking for my my jacket has updated today. Apparently, it is in San Francisco, I think in customs. So it might yet show up after all.

2 people like this.
  10. justinkapur

Does yours say this Andy?

May 3, 2016 , 1:36 pm
    Inbound Out of Customs
    Your item cleared United States Customs at 1:36 pm on May 3, 2016.

11. chobochobo

chobochobo Senior member Moderator

I think I/ we get spoilt in HK. The post office is pretty efficient and trustworthy (I guess par for the course, for such a small territory) and shipping costs are relatively low. I have nightmares about people shipping to me from elsewhere, eg I have a parcel from the US that has gone AWOL for 2 months that has just turned up in its home town (OK), parcels disappearing from Spain, exorbitant shipping costs from Canada and the UK.

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  12. Andy57

Andy57 Senior member

No, mine says "Inbound into Customs". But at least it reappeared on the radar. So there is hope.

13. rbhan12

rbhan12 Senior member

I don't have a dog in this race, but I think it's a bit unfair to judge this firm based on something that is out of their control. When you do assess the jacket I hope you assess on the product delivered, not the means.

2 people like this.
  14. ThunderMarch

ThunderMarch Senior member

FWIW, I think that while shipping through local postal services (in this case, EMS) does take a bit of time, I've never experienced a parcel loss.
    I guess they just work differently from a dedicated courier service like FedEx, DHL or UPS. I can't say I prefer these couriers given their triggerhappy, unscrupulous means of collecting local taxes. I'd rather wait a bit, to be honest. Regular postal services are just as reliable, I think.
    But in any case, I think it's well worth the wait. The jacket is excellent and I think Craftsman is committed to putting out what they promise.
    To all affected parties, I hope you receive your jackets soon.

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  15. Andy57

Andy57 Senior member

I disagree. I think customer service and the product delivery experience is absolutely a factor. I have suits shipped from Hong Kong in two days and shirts shipped from Malaysia in two days for less money than Craftsman charged me to take more than two weeks with no update. It was totally within their control by the choice that was made of how to deliver their product to me. They made what I consider to be a very poor choice. I have given Craftsman that feedback directly.

16. justinkapur

[​IMG]

Jacket made it finally! From my initial throw on it feels really comfortable and fits well. I know the style is supposed to be shorter. I would only wear it with jeans and maybe a tshirt or an ocbd.

1 person likes this.
  17. Andy57

Andy57 Senior member

Looks good, Justin! I don't think it's too long (I know, I know), and A2s will lift up a bit. Great color, too.

Mine is at the Cupertino post office, waiting delivery to my office tomorrow.

18. justinkapur

Thanks Andy! I prefer my jackets to be longer but this hits a pretty good length for me. The leather is absolutely buttery.
    I might have to make its first wear on my day off Friday. Fingers crossed you love yours Andy!

1 person likes this.
  19. CraftsmanCo

Thank you guys so much for all your input. All the feedback is greatly appreciated and will be helpful for us to improve our service especially for product delivery.

20. CraftsmanCo

Nothing is happier than to hear that you love it!! Can't wait for your detailed review on us.

And Goodluck with your exam!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.