• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sartoria Vestrucci New York

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I checked out the measurements on their RTW suits/jackets.
Very trim/skimpy: the chest measurement on a 54 R (44) is around
42.5 inches. Usual for this size is 46 inches. I need at least this.
Wouldn't work for me. I am very disappointed.

Last edited:

BomTrady

Reaction score
The CEO of Bemer in a podcast has said that he's trying to get cooperation between the various Florentine CM houses so it makes sense that they are collaborating. I also understand that he approached Liverano for a collab but was turned down.
I believe Tommaso Melani is the CEO and owner of both Bemer and Vestrucci.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yup they moved recently, they were clearing out some SB for cheap when they moved as well

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For what its worth, and take this for the grain of salt that it is, I saw a jacket made by them when I was at the stefano bemer store, and was impressed with the quality - it looks good.

corpseposeur

Reaction score
So Tommaso wasn't available last week when I had a few days off. I will likely place an order at some point, but upon reviewing my wardrobe, I might hold off for a while as I'd like to fill in some summer weight tailored trousers and shoes before the jacket. If anyone visits, do share. It is very exciting to have a legitimate bespoke tailoring house with accessible pricing in New York.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Tommaso wasn't available last week when I had a few days off. I will likely place an order at some point, but upon reviewing my wardrobe, I might hold off for a while as I'd like to fill in some summer weight tailored trousers and shoes before the jacket. If anyone visits, do share. It is very exciting to have a legitimate bespoke tailoring house with accessible pricing in New York.
So Tommaso actually takes measurements and does the cutting for the NYC location?

corpseposeur

Reaction score
So Tommaso actually takes measurements and does the cutting for the NYC location?

I imagine he takes the measurements, but the cutting would happen in Florence. I'm not sure about this though. I was planning on getting one of the MTO options. They have a number of try on garments and I fit between a 52 and 54 but Tomasso said that with a MTO it should be easy to fit me.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is very exciting to have a legitimate bespoke tailoring house with accessible pricing in New York.

I realize this is all relative, but what do you consider accessible pricing? I was under the impression that the MTM was 2.5K, I would imagine that would put them squarely in the ~4K range for bespoke, which is where a lot of traveling tailors are I believe...

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I should have tried them when I was trying on SB (when they were still in UES, so super easy), but I was in a hurry..., next time

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I should have tried them when I was trying on SB (when they were still in UES, so super easy), but I was in a hurry..., next time
Well you live in NYC so it’s not like you need to take a flight from Houston to make your way over there.

abkain

Reaction score
What do you guys see as the main stylistic differences between Vestrucci and Sartoria Carrara (as offered by NMWA)? I really like my MTM S. Carrara sport coat but am considering Vestrucci for a MTM sport coat order, however not too sure if there is enough of a style difference from the former (which seems to be dialed in terms of fit for me). From photos (on PS and elsewhere) I can tell a certain Florentine flourish with Vestrucci (in that Liverano sense) but I am not sure if it there is enough of a difference from the Carrara cut to warrant a change. Interested in the thoughts of others. TIA

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics