• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sartoria Partenopea Napoli

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I am no expert at attaching photos, so what you will get is probably more than you bargained for, eg. the actual Ad and text
from the jacket which I purchased on B&S last Spring. The Jacket is new but I don't know for which retailer is was made.
Wilkes Bashford now carries Partenopea as one of their brands. In the Wilkes model I must go a size up.. I have a top heavy
build with broad shoulders and a deep chest. In my younger days my waist was about 34".Now it is 36''. The jacket came in a generous
cut even for me, but Bob, the tailoring genuis that I use, and is endorsed by many local SF members, made it fit well. I have yet to wear it
"in public" It is still too warm in the Bay Area;
http://www.styleforum.net/t/288859/stunning-sartoria-partenopea-sport-coat-mop-buttons-3-2-roll

nice one ^

thanks for sharing it

Last edited:

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SPprev2.jpg

GGsquared

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I am no expert at attaching photos, so what you will get is probably more than you bargained for, eg. the actual Ad and text
from the jacket which I purchased on B&S last Spring. The Jacket is new but I don't know for which retailer is was made.
Wilkes Bashford now carries Partenopea as one of their brands. In the Wilkes model I must go a size up.. I have a top heavy
build with broad shoulders and a deep chest. In my younger days my waist was about 34".Now it is 36''. The jacket came in a generous
cut even for me, but Bob, the tailoring genuis that I use, and is endorsed by many local SF members, made it fit well. I have yet to wear it
"in public" It is still too warm in the Bay Area;
http://www.styleforum.net/t/288859/stunning-sartoria-partenopea-sport-coat-mop-buttons-3-2-roll
Very nice! I hope the weather gets cooler soon :)

GGsquared

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Please understand that my background differs from yours, if everything you own is Kiton. Until this past year, I typically have worn Burberry, Hickey Freeman, HSM, and Ralph Lauren. I've looked good in them and have always been complimented and perceived as well-dressed, but one afternoon it came to me that I did not have the one or two suits that exemplified the best I could be and the best I could afford. In doing my research on what that would look like and what I really wanted to look like, I realized that I like the soft-shouldered look of the Italian makers. It occured to me that I was in need of a unique transaction.
Then, one day, I was out traveling and I happened upon a men's shop. I strolled in. The owner was a very kind, shorter man who was dressed to the nines. I told him my situation - that I wanted a couple of handmade "special" pieces (not everyday staples). I asked him to show me the best of the best from his stock. He asked my size, took one look at me up and down and walked straight to the rack and handed me a Sartoria Partenopea jacket. It was beautiful. Without a doubt, the best fabric and fit I have ever encountered - it was a navy blue chalk stripe 3/2 suit. It was unfinished. I ended up making my purchase in the charcoal color and having the suit custom tailored to me with functional cuffs - I really love it! I mean I look like a John Singer Sargent when I wear this thing! It makes me feel like a king.
In that suit, I found the transaction I had been looking for: All my hard work, the many hours, my hard-earned dollars in exchange for a handmade piece of work - a group of tailors' best efforts in exchange for mine. Was it worth it? Damn straight.
cheers.gif

Relentless

I love Kiton but decided to try Sartoria Partenopea after meeting the owners and head tailor. They were very nice chaps and very professional. Compared to Kiiton, they have the same Neapolitan cut with the soft unpadded shoulder but probably less selection of fine cloths. I was introduced to them by an Italian friend who also introduced me to Kiton may years ago. So I am giving them a try and see how it goes.

By the way, I noticed you are looking for Kiton. Pls have a look in classifieds at the Kiton suit I am selling:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/313830/kiton-suit-sz-eu54-us44

G. Landi

Reaction score
I love SP. I'm in agreement that craftsmanship is on par with Kiton although the fabrics are not...but still beautiful. I'm wearing a black jacket today with a subtle brown plaid...super comfortable. Doesn't sound like a flattering combination but their skill makes it look great.

The only thing I don't like is that some of their s/s blends (slik linen) are fully lined...but seems their new jackets are half or quarter lined...

Definitely look for the purple maroon labels...for the older black/gold labels or older and the cut doesn't seem to be as good...

dijor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking about buying this 100% cashmere sportcoat, will this be a good color to combine?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads