• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sartoria Partenopea fit?

Steeze

Reaction score
I'm looking at a few gorgeous items on ebay. From the measurements it looks like they are relatively slim fitting, 3/2 jackets. But since I have no place to try them on I'm hesitant to pull the trigger. I normally take a 40 in RLBL. Does anyone have fit pics of these or know how they fit generally? I couldn't find much by searching beyond that it was a good make.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steeze
I'm looking at a few gorgeous items on ebay. From the measurements it looks like they are relatively slim fitting, 3/2 jackets. But since I have no place to try them on I'm hesitant to pull the trigger. I normally take a 40 in RLBL. Does anyone have fit pics of these or know how they fit generally? I couldn't find much by searching beyond that it was a good make.

Look at the drop. The Drop 7 fits slimmer than the Drop 6. I have two DB suits, both Drop 7s that needed to be let out for me. A SB 3/2 roll SC that was a 6, and did not need any letting out. I have some new stuff on the way as well.

Here are some fit pics:

WildCard-1.JPG

SP-1.JPG

OfficePics1.JPG

PartBlaze-1.JPG

Steeze

Reaction score
Wow those DBs are awesome. Did you get them from the Italian store owner in Boston? How much did he charge you?

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steeze
Wow those DBs are awesome. Did you get them from the Italian store owner in Boston? How much did he charge you?

Thanks.

Yes, they came from Vittorio, he is my official SP pusher. The deal was excellent.

I highly recommend him.

Mike

mikej77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Thanks.

Yes, they came from Vittorio, he is my official SP pusher. The deal was excellent.

I highly recommend him.

Mike

I purchased a SP suit from Vittorio as well. Great transaction and love the soft shoulders in the suit.

clintonf

Reaction score
+1 I've not done a deal with him yet (no money
frown.gif
) but he's been VERY accommodating and when I get some money I will definitely be buying from him.

Clint

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clintonf
+1 I've not done a deal with him yet (no money
frown.gif
) but he's been VERY accommodating and when I get some money I will definitely be buying from him.

Clint

I have multiples en route, and if I could complete my closet clean...I could add some more.

Mike

clintonf

Reaction score
I have multiples en route, and if I could complete my closet clean...I could add some more.

Mike

Without wishing to derail the thread, have you considered the La Vera Sartoria Napoletana range? I've heard good things about it.

Cheers

Clint

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clintonf
Without wishing to derail the thread, have you considered the La Vera Sartoria Napoletana range? I've heard good things about it.

Cheers

Clint

I have, and I would like to try it. I am working my way through the Italian RTW stuff, looking for the perfect (or as close as I can get) OTR fit. The SP is great, and beautifully made, but it sometimes needs work for my frame. Some Isaia works pretty well for me. I have a Sartorio by Attolini that is a nice fit (will be showing up tomorrow in WAYWRN, most likely) but those are cut too long for me and need to be shortened. The St. Andrews RLPL is pretty decent for me as well, when not too long. So far, the best fitting I have found is Faconnable, the older stuff by Cantarelli. It is not nearly as nice as the SP, Isaia or Attolini...but the two SCs I have fit pretty much spot on and needed nothing to get ****** into them.

Vittorio gets La Vera in as well, but so far I have not found anything that really has grabbed my interest.

Mike

jdldore

Reaction score
I have one that I bought about a year ago. It is quite a slim fit, especially in the shoulders and across the chest. I ended up going a size up on my suit and having it taken in. That route didn't work out as well as I had hoped.

elgreco

Reaction score
I just got a d/b navy blazer from SP via Vittorio (Morigi?). Killer fit, especially in the shoulders. Once the buttons are swapped for some horn ones, I am going to be supremely amped.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by elgreco
I just got a d/b navy blazer from SP via Vittorio (Morigi?). Killer fit, especially in the shoulders. Once the buttons are swapped for some horn ones, I am going to be supremely amped.

Which one did you get? I wanted that mohair number he had, but it slipped away from me.

Also, why are you going to horn buttons on a blue DB blazer?

Mike

clintonf

Reaction score
I have, and I would like to try it. I am working my way through the Italian RTW stuff, looking for the perfect (or as close as I can get) OTR fit. The SP is great, and beautifully made, but it sometimes needs work for my frame. Some Isaia works pretty well for me. I have a Sartorio by Attolini that is a nice fit (will be showing up tomorrow in WAYWRN, most likely) but those are cut too long for me and need to be shortened. The St. Andrews RLPL is pretty decent for me as well, when not too long. So far, the best fitting I have found is Faconnable, the older stuff by Cantarelli. It is not nearly as nice as the SP, Isaia or Attolini...but the two SCs I have fit pretty much spot on and needed nothing to get ****** into them.

Vittorio gets La Vera in as well, but so far I have not found anything that really has grabbed my interest.

Mike

Mike, I'm going off line, but I'll send you an email when I come back on.

Cheers

Clint

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got one and got very nice fit. I prefer it to Caruso. Partenopea shoulders are even more softer,but both are similar in cut.

Very very nice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads