1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Sartoria Partenopea fit?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Steeze, Feb 3, 2011.

1. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

Bump. Is this a secret? [​IMG]

i think he is the eBay pusher for SP stuff. search for SP stuff on ebay ... the guy who sells most of them you see is "Vittorio" his ebay id is morigimilano

2. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

Partenopea may be the best value in a quality RTW Italian brand. You can pay a LOT more for no more.

Caruso can be pretty great value too. I have a couple of each and i prefer Caruso to SP due to the price points and the how close they are to each other in terms of quality. Just my opinion though.

3. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

Because gold buttons are loathsome to me. I much prefer the color combination of brown and navy.

Well, horn buttons do run a risk of looking like an orphaned suit jacket.

Mike

4. elgreco

elgreco Senior member

Well, horn buttons do run a risk of looking like an orphaned suit jacket. Mike
    Perhaps. But see [​IMG] The jacket I bought has a rougher weave, however. I'd be more concerned if it were a worsted. That said, a set of MOP buttons is not out of the question.

5. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

Perhaps. But see
    [​IMG]

The jacket I bought has a rougher weave, however. I'd be more concerned if it were a worsted. That said, a set of MOP buttons is not out of the question.

Well, with patch pockets, it does appear more blazer-like. MOP buttons are winners....smoked especially.

Mike

6. mack11211

mack11211 Senior member

I have an SP suit on the 'bay right now.

No fit pix but all measurements are in the listing.

7. SpallaCamiccia

SpallaCamiccia Senior member

Caruso can be pretty great value too. I have a couple of each and i prefer Caruso to SP due to the price points and the how close they are to each other in terms of quality. Just my opinion though.

Their cut is quite similar as I said before.

I prefer Caruso for fabrics and Partenopea for cut. But both look quite the same.

8. Steeze

Steeze Senior member

It looks like all the suit pants are single pleat. Are they still slim? I normally don't prefer pleated pants

9. chocomallo

chocomallo Member

How does SP fit compared to Sartorio?

10. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

And Stile Latino. ..

11. Getzione

Getzione Senior member

Whats the pricerange on both brands in the states?

12. iand

iand Senior member

I have a 38R drop 8 Partenopea sportcoat and it is not very slim. Still, one of my favourites.

13. SpallaCamiccia

Whats the pricerange on both brands in the states?
    Not sure but you can get those from the recommended guy from 600-1000. Listed price are 1500 euros on Europe while Kiton is +4500 .

14. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

^^ SP is only 1500 euros in Europe ?

15. foto010101

foto010101 Senior member

Correct.

16. Don Carlos

Don Carlos Senior member

Recently bought an SP sportcoat from the eBay guy. Great looking coat, and very happy with my purchase and with the seller. He had listed it for $799, but I negotiated down to $600 or so. I suspect he won't go much lower than that, nor did I want to press him.

17. SpallaCamiccia

" only" ?

While the average salary on Italy is 700 euros and 1000 in Spain?

You're too rich Aj Del , an oligarch from India?

18. SpallaCamiccia

My partenopea came with a great pleated trouser that now I prefer to flat front as for a stick looking guy as me , do fill better my silhouette.

Where as this;

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

19. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

" only" ? While the average salary on Italy is 700 euros and 1000 in Spain? You're too rich Aj Del , an oligarch from India?
    I thought it would be around 2500-3000 euros. Not up there with Borrelli Attolini but higher than Caruso, Corneliani etc. Average salary is 700 euros a month in Italy ? Seriously ?

20. SpallaCamiccia

I thought it would be around 2500-3000 euros. Not up there with Borrelli Attolini but higher than Caruso, Corneliani etc. Average salary is 700 euros a month in Italy ? Seriously ?
    Corneliani is cheaper - 800 to 1300 depending the fabric same as Canali and Zileri. Yes, seriously. I mean from Rome to below, that is the " real" Italy . In Spain, ask the 6 million unemployed that we have actually. 25% of people and around 50% of younger than 30 that get 0 euros a month.