1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Sartoria in Napoli ?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Davarpanah, May 11, 2016.

1. dfoverdx

dfoverdx Senior member

For fitting probably he requires one but i suggest you to insist to make a second fitting especially if you are around. Don't get more than 1 pants because if you give him 2-3 fabric he will suggest to do fitting only on one and make the others in same measurements which personally i don't like. I prefer do fitting on all pants because every pants fit differently even though fabrics are similar.

For pricing if i remember correctly it was around EUR 180 without fabric... maybe he increased slightly the price but not 300 for sure...He's a very nice guy and will do a good pant for you.

Don't expect to get a reply to your e-mail by the way... Just go to his atelier and discuss with him.

2 people like this.
  2. dan'l

dan'l Senior member

Just checked out Cerrato's Instagram and his stuff looks good. I think I recognized @WeakMonday in one of his posts. Anyone have recent experience with him?

3. Davarpanah

Davarpanah Well-Known Member

Can I get in contact with him in any way? Pretty long journey from Denmark, just to realize that he's on vacation ! And does he speak any english ?

4. Davarpanah

F*** me - how is it, that every single tailor shop I happen to cross, messes up my order somehow. I'm new to the game - and heck, I'm ready to all-in on OTR soon. So here's my experience with Solito. I visit their shop in Naples, and choose fabric and so on. We agree to meet up in London. I email with him a couple of times, trying to arrange the london meeting, regarding dates and times and so forth. I show up on London, and he doesn't have my jacket with him (it not made, even though he says it is), and he doesn't even recognize me. So a whole day wasted traveling from Denmark to London. He promises me, to get things in order. I send him the emails below - and absolutely no response. What a freaking waste of my time. So everybody is hereby warned. I will be posting this on the Solito thread as well.

Hi again,

I’m still waiting for response - see below.

Hi Luigi,

I, quite unhappy with the situation last Thursday. When paying that much for a bespoke jacket – I expect things to be in order. I’m not pleased with a whole day of travel being wasted – and money as well. I’ve spend 240 Euros on the trip to London – which I expect to be deducted from the price of the jacket 2100 (price of jacket) – 240 (travel expenses) = € - do you agree ? And with regards to a whole day wasted on travels – I expect the service to be extraordinary good in the future.

And just to make sure, that we don’t end up with any mistake again in the future – I would like to receive a photo of the jacket, so we can agree on the fabric. And next time you’re in London and I’m available at the same time, we can have the first fitting ?

1237 DKK planetickets

200 DKK parking at the airport

275 DKK – train tickets from airport to london

100 DKK – underground from victoria – charing cross

Emne: Re: London show - adress ?

Dear Bardia
    The date is perfect
    I will becat The Traveller's Club
    106 Pall Mall
    See you soon
    Best Regards
    Luigi

Inviato da iPhone

Il giorno 21 giu 2016, alle ore 08:24,
    Hi,

I’ve ordered planetickets and will be seeing you on the 7th of july at 4 pm. Where in london is the trunkshow ?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  5. Davarpanah

He came out of the bush as soon as I made him aware of my post here. He insist that the already tried to contact me through email to pay me back the money I spend on going to London. Never received that email - But as long as I'm not sure why I didn't receive it, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt !

So trying to decide weather to make a new appointment with him - or not ? I'll be sure to keep you guys up to date !

6. dng992

dng992 Senior member

What did you decide in the end?

I have a similar budget to you - however am based in ldn myself. It appears solito is here pretty much on a monthly basis, therefore with 4 'fittings' based on an initial order /collection, it would theoretically be able to be complete in 4 months. However whilst his communication appears better these days, Im not sure whether this deliverability is any better, in that it still appears people are having 'fit' issues with the product. Requiring refitting after fitting e.t.c extending the process and not achieving a happy result.

Would be interesting to hear where else you go to. I've currently got an order placed with F.Guida, and the lack of communication is quite irritating/delay

7. Averroes1198

Averroes1198 Senior member

How did it end?

I'm planning a trip to Napoli for the last week of this month, any recent experiences with Marco Cerrato?

8. aristoi bcn

aristoi bcn Senior member

Yes.

I was in Napoli last week. Price is 350€ without cloth.

I brought my own cloth and was measured Friday afternoon. First fitting Saturday morning and second fitting Saturday afternoon (Marco insisted on this, which I appreciate)

Pants are shipped around two weeks later.

I will let you know when they arrive, but Marco was very nice, we were talking quite a lot although he's very busy right now. London is giving him a lot of work. He does pants for a lot of Sartorias (and not only in Napoli btw). My experience confirms what S. Crompton wrote about him in a recent article. Nice and professional guy, top end product, at the level of Ambrosi at least, if not better (at this level differences are really tiny).

9. dfoverdx

dfoverdx Senior member

EUR 350 is pretty high but understandable given that higher demand pushes price up. I remember that few years ago i was paying half of that. But any case even at this price tag it's still cheaper than Ambrosi. I don't know how much Ambrosi asks now but a few years ago he was asking around EUR 400 for the making.

10. robotmitli

robotmitli Senior member

how is the thing ending up @ Davarpanah

11. aristoi bcn

aristoi bcn Senior member

Marco uploaded a picture of mine wearing the trousers in his instagram so here it is:

[​IMG]

Excuse the bad quality of the picture. I'll try to take some other pictures with my camera. At least you can see the fit. Cloth is medium grey heavyweight Minnis Fresco.

1 person likes this.