1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Sartoria Gianni Volpe - Naples

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by marcodalondra, Jun 1, 2011.

1. marcodalondra

marcodalondra Senior member

I have generally been ordering all my bespoke jacket, trousers, waistcoats and suit from Volpe, however when I started reordering stuff in close visits to Naples, on a couple of occasion I could not meet Mr Volpe as he was on trunk shows to either Milan or Rome. Therefore once I was measured directly by Cerrato at Volpe sartoria and also done the first fitting, but then finalise the fitting with Volpe on a later visit. And other times I went directly to Mola and documented those experiences in other posts on this forum. I am pretty convinced, at least for me, that I get a better overall service if I order trousers through the Tailor as I find tailor more geared towards individual customer service.

Ciao

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  2. mactire

mactire Senior member

Another question for you. What are the features on the bespoke trousers worth mentioning and looking for? Is there anything in particular to ask for or to look for?

3. marcodalondra

marcodalondra Senior member

Wrong person to ask in terms of gimmicks like button cuffs etc.

What I do normally get on beltless trousers, are side tabs and half split back (I posted pictures before). Whilst I like button fly, i now do not always get them, so for odd trousers I may go with zip and for suit trousers with a button fly.

4. aristoi bcn

aristoi bcn Senior member

Finally can upload pictures of my first suit with Gianni Volpe. This is my very first neapolitan bespoke and it won't be the last. Cloth is navy Fresco 250-280g bought from @SimonC almost one year ago. Configuration is 3 roll 2, spalla manica camicia, half lined, breast barchetta pocket and patch pockets with swelled edges all over(doppia impuntura). Trousers with one forward pleat for belt and with 5cm turnups, so nothing excepcional. Buttons are navy corozo but I will change them for navy MOP so I can use the jacket as a blazer. I am very happy with the result although next time I will say Gianni to lengthen the jacket a couple of cm. First fitting was one Saturday of February, one day after Gianni took the measurements when I arrive directly from the airport. Second fitting was in April and two weeks after I received the suit by mail.

Maybe low back could be improved but suit was wrinkled after the postage and my shoulders are backwards. In real life there is not a big excess of cloth there.

Opinions, comments and praises are welcomed.

Volpe 1.JPG Volpe 2.JPG Volpe 3.JPG Volpe 4.JPG