Sartoria Gianni Volpe - Naples

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by marcodalondra, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

No, he does not speak English.
    There is a Caccioppoli shop across the street and there are guys who speak English and can assist with the required translation.

Thanks

2. marcodalondra

marcodalondra Senior member

Does Volpe speak English, or is a translator required?

I believe for the London Visit he will be coming with a member of his family that is quite fluent in English or so we discussed when I was there. Otherwise, I am sure he can arrange a translator.

Regards,

Marco

3. blackdice

blackdice Well-Known Member

4. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

5. comrade

comrade Senior member

Thanks! I like the pants myself and wish that I have ordered a couple more pairs.

The weather in Moscow today is not very hot and there is A/C in my office, so I decided to wear a tweed coat today made by Volpe. You can see a tailor finishing this jacket in the photos above.
    [​IMG]

Fits beautifully.

6. brescd01

brescd01 Senior member

Can anyone tell me which pinstripe fabric that is?

7. marcodalondra

For whom may be interested, Gianni Volpe has confermed the July visit to London from the 28th to the 31st. He will be able to receive potential clients at teh Holland & Sherry showroom where he will have a dedicated room to receive and measure clients.

If you need help booking an appointment directly with them, please feel free to PM and will be more then happy to help. I am in continuos contact with them discussing my next commission (formalware).

regards,

Marco

8. kcc

kcc Senior member

For whom may be interested, Gianni Volpe has confermed the July visit to London from the 28th to the 31st. He will be able to receive potential clients at teh Holland & Sherry showroom where he will have a dedicated room to receive and measure clients.

If you need help booking an appointment directly with them, please feel free to PM and will be more then happy to help. I am in continuos contact with them discussing my next commission (formalware).

regards,

Marco

Does he use English fabrics?

9. marcodalondra

He offers most fabrics, certainly the best books of both English and Italian mills. He uses a lot of H&S but also a lot of Loro Piana and Vitale Barberis Canonico for the Neapolitan Market. He would have access to virtually everything. My understanding is that H&S will offer rolls samples and he will also carry extra books of other stuff. Personally I am planning to order some stuff from the H&S formal book.

10. brescd01

brescd01 Senior member

Anyone? Beuller? Beuller?
    [​IMG]

11. banis

banis Senior member

I am seeing Gianni next week. Will probably order two suits.
    Minnis 0304 air force blue flannel and charcoal pick and pick Lumb's Golden Bale by the Taylor and Lodge.

12. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

13. banis

banis Senior member

[​IMG]
    Preview on the two new suits by Gianni Volpe.
    Will try to post some pictures later during this week, if I have a chance.

14. banis

banis Senior member

I am wearing one of the recent suits from Gianni Volpe. Cloth is pick and pick Lumb's Golden Bale by the Taylor and Lodge. The jacket looks on a shorter side, although I was pretty much sure that it should have been longer during all the fittings. Should be more accurate mext time.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The sleeves are not spalla camicia, though are totally unpadded and are not roped. I don't know how to correctly name this kind of sleeve. I did not specify what kind of sleeves I wanted and only saw it when was was taking ready jackets. Pockets are without flaps, so, probably, Volpe considered this suit as more formal and decided not to make shirt shoulders. Don't know actual reasons.

Also, Manton posted his Solito jacket that had pockets picked outlined and said that he had never seen pockets done like this by other tailors. This coat and another flannel are both half-lined and feature the same picks on the outside of the pockets.
    [​IMG]