• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sartoria Corcos Consolidated Thread

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my experience I've only tried 3 tailors: Steed Tailors (2015), Sartoria Jensen (2019) (Eric Jensen before he merged with Sartoria Gallo Rome to open up a NYC Branch, and Sartoria Carcos (2018).

With that said, the only other Italian tailor I've tired was Eric's/Gallo's Roman style. Other members here will be better experienced to answer how Kotaro-san's work compares to other Florentine tailors.

I'm dropping links/images to the jacket Eric made for me back in Sep '19.

Fitting | Finished
Thank you for posting these jackets to the thread. I noticed his jackets got significantly better once he merged his company.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for posting these jackets to the thread. I noticed his jackets got significantly better once he merged his company.
Still not a fan of the stuff he made for a certain YouTube influencer, without naming names.

Torsion

Reaction score
Better late than never.
I have followed Kotaro's work for a while (mainly thanks to Gary and Gus) but have never been able to get a slot.
Lockdown didn't help things and I couldn't make the first trunk in London in April so happy I could get the chance yesterday.
I've really been the boring conservative business dress kind of guy from the get go, finding solace in classic navy and grey suits.
Will commission a Hardy Minnis Classic II navy 0765 suit (if you guys know this cloth lmk feedback!?) , an LP glen check sports jacket and currently on the fence for Doppio Uso

1664613284908.jpg

GzianoCucinelli

Reaction score
Unfortunately for me, my weight has been fluctuating and after chatting with Kotaro-san we agreed that it was best to put our current project on hold (Navy DB).

He had sent the the final 2 shirts of the 3 order minimum (required at the time for 1st time orders) and asked to see them during the NYC trunkshow this past weekend.

I used this opportunity to pass along more London Lounge Cloth; this time the "PSJ2" which is a Lambswool and Angora blend at 285 grams.

Fortunately for him, business is as good as ever. With that said, he mentioned he'd only be visiting NYC 2x a year, and the next time we'd have a fitting is around April '23.

Attachments

• IMG_6271.jpeg
    IMG_6271.jpeg
    222.4 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_6268.jpeg
    IMG_6268.jpeg
    268.8 KB · Views: 124
  • 50305431606_d3009ecd51_c.jpg
    50305431606_d3009ecd51_c.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 101

IJReilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not really into bespoke (I'm perfectly happy with my MTM, as my body is a very standard fit), but Kotaro's stuff really is beautiful.

dawei94

Reaction score
Ordered a Seraphin blouson through Sartoria Corcos back in April through his NYC trunk show and just received it today. I ordered it in a dark brown suede with a silk lining (rather than cashmere, which would be warmer) and asked the pockets to be tweaked (normally, the zipper teeth are exposed and there's a semicircular stitching around the pocketbag; I asked for the semicircular stitching to be removed and they told me they could do it if I switched to a pocket that has a welt that covers the zipper). I actually like the covered zipper and the zipper teeth are very shiny (as can be seen on the main zipper) and a bit too flashy for my taste (not nearly enough to be dissatisfied with it, but enough for me to think that if I could choose any zipper, I would definitely choose something less shiny). Fit was adjusted by Kotaro and it looks quite good and fitted. It comes with a very nice brown twill garment bag as well as a high quality wooden hanger, both with the Seraphin brand on it. Kotaro also showed me an example picture of the same jacket but in black suede.

Attachments

• IMG_0376.jpg
    IMG_0376.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0375.jpg
    IMG_0375.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0374.jpg
    IMG_0374.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0373.jpg
    IMG_0373.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 91
  • Seraphin.jpg
    Seraphin.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 95

R.O. Thornhill

Reaction score
Thank you, and well spotted. Yes I love the LL tweeds. The navy suit is a Cape Horn navy sharkskin. Should be ready for spring

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads