• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sartoria campagna vs. gianni campagna

FCS

Reaction score
What exactly are the differences between these RTW labels?

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Cesare Attolini is a custom line, while Sartorio Attolini is RTW. I've never had the good fortune of laying eyes on a Campagna suit, so I can't comment on them.

FCS

Reaction score
Hem, I saw all of these 4 labels sold as RTW in a retail store here in Toronto. However some of them have the sleeves finished with real buttonholes. Porks?

banksmiranda

Reaction score
Which store was it? I've wanted to see Campagna for some time. Thanks.

FCS

Reaction score
83 Bloor St. West, which is the name of the store as well as the address.

I don't really have the eyes to notice what is so extraordinary about them. I did notice that the fabrics and the tailoring aren't as soft as the Neapolitan labels. Saw several marked down from CAD $6500-$7000 to $2500.

friendlyone

Reaction score
I'd love to see the Campagna clothes, too. Does anybody know how they compare?

But I can already conclude one thing about the company, already: they need some assistance with their website. Prince of "Whales", indeed.

banksmiranda

Reaction score
But I can already conclude one thing about the company, already: they need some assistance with their website. Prince of "Whales", indeed.
If you think that's funny, here's a blurb from Anna Matuozzo's site:
The first famous appraiser was Mariano Rubinacci, a customer who take care of reliable shirtmaker's name jealously, because shirtmaker was the only one that was able to give with her ***** a touch of discreet elegance that all lovers of stylish dressing look for minutely, almost fanatically... After early dawn many names of prestige have joined, like...
Anna Matuozzo homepage I wonder if she'll add an "r" to "*****" to make "shirts?" Obviously a typo, but rather amusing IMO.

friendlyone

Reaction score
By the way, we still seem to have some confusion about Attolini. I went back to the "Best Quality" suit thread of last year, and confirmed that there were some people who thought that there was only one Attolini RTW, which was called Sartoria Attolini. Others thought that there were two lines, one of which was called Sartorio, which was better than Sartoria and equivalent to Kiton. Still others thought that Sartorio was a diffusion line.

To add more confusion, some of my RTW Attolini shirts are called Sartoria Attolini, while others have Cesare Attolini on the collar label -- even though the tags say Sartoria Attolini.

Can anyone dispel this fog?

JErwin

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I'm dispelling the fog, but I have a Sartoria Attolini suit and sport coat, and if they are from a diffussion line, it's the most incredible diffusion line I've ever seen. To my untrained eye, those garments are as well put together as anything I've seen, be it bespoke or RTW. From what I've read, Sartorio is the next line down from Sartoria, supposedly aimed at a "younger" clientele, with Cesare being the custom line. All of this should be cleared up for good once the "Lines" link on the Attolini website get's up to speed.

friendlyone

Reaction score
JErwin, AHarris, et al

But how can you account for my RTW "Cesare Attolini"?

By the way, that website has been under construction for some time.

JErwin

Reaction score
Not sure, friendlyone. Like you, I've seen shirts labeled Cesare Attolini. The other day, I saw a tie on Ebay that was labeled that way, too. And, if memory serves, the supposed retail for the tie and the shirt was the same as for the merchandise labeled Sartoria Attolini.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads