• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sartoria Boglioli: Comments on quality, etc.?

MisterGee

Reaction score
Considering a Sartoria Boglioli suit for a price that is very enticing. I'm looking for comments as to people's experience with the brand, particularly with regard to quality, fit, other usual talking points here on the forum. I have STFA on Boglioli and there was a critical comment, or two, but generally not much as far as I could find. The suit I'm considering appears to be the brand's top line. (I don't know if it's canvassed, but I do know that the jacket has surgeon's cuffs -- if that can be held up as a sign of quality.) Well, thanks as always for your insights.

T

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think someone sells it on ebay. They have a brief description of firm and quality there.

Volkl

Reaction score
I believe eHaberdasher sells Boglioli. You may find information on his excellent site.

harburn

Reaction score
Purchased Sartoria Boglioli suit on ebay a couple of months ago. If you are purchasing on ebay, suspect I know the seller. Be thoughtful on the bid. The suits are not selling.

Quality is okay. Not high-end. Significantly below Isaia. Not close to Borrelli or Kiton. As such, think about the bid. Value price the bid.

wmb

Reaction score
slim is right. if that works for you the cut is great. high armholes and narrow sleeves -- quality may depend on the retailer that ends up selling them. The ones I have are from Bergdorf and may have higher quality fabric than some.

I like the brand very much for off the rack -- worth a shot if you are on the lean side...

MisterGee

Reaction score
Thanks for the thoughtful comments, guys. Those who guessed the source are correct: the suit is on eBay being sold by seller Morigimilano.

With regard to fit, the measurements do evidence a very slim cut. I'm by no means slim (muscular build), but I think a 44R might work. In my opinion, RLBL runs very slim and a 44R is right at the edge of what will work for me -- nice and slim, but certainly no room to grow.

Relative to the price, I have attempted to haggle with the seller, as the particular suit in question is not set up for auction; it's a "Buy it Now" with the ability to put forth best offers. Specifically, the seller is asking $699 and I messaged him/her saying I would offer $400 (definitely a low-ball). He/she replied stating that the lowest offer they'd consider would be $500. The seller does routinely have more recognizable high-end brands like Isaia, Brioni, and Cucinelli at very discounted prices. So I don't believe this is a suit that's terribly over-priced (based on its retail) -- at least the seller's track record doesn't lead one to believe that.

I don't know, I'm not totally in love with the suit and I'm not totally sold on the brand, either. I guess I'm still capable of being swayed either way.....

(ThinkDerm: No. I haven't had a chance to call Yoox with respect to a discount code. The thread here hasn't produced anything, either. I'm not hopeful there's anything good out there in the way of a code. As I mentioned, I have my eye on Valentino and Caruso suits, both in navy. Both are in the $600 range. I'm not going to allow myself to spend that sort of money right now, but if I were able to find a code to get me into the $500 range, I'd probably take the leap.)

wmb

Reaction score
You can get them for less. Bergdorf on their double markdown sale sells them for less than that -- and you get to try them on.

Depends on your location of course.

agbassano

Reaction score
I have a Sartoria Boglioli from Morgimilano. Keep in mind that even similiar looking suits can vary quite a bit in price based on previous completed auctions- I guess it's all down to his actual costs.

The Fit: Definitely slim, I wear a 54 Euro/ 44 US. I don't have a RLBL but it is a tad slimmer than my Raffaele Carusos. If you can pull it off, the suits have a wonderful, slightly fashion forward fit. Required less tailoring than any other suit I own (though the Caruso was close).

Quality: I think one should make sure it's SARTORIA Boglioli and not just mainline Boglioli or Coat. The Yoox suits do not indicate Sartoria. The particular Sartoria Boglioli I have appears to have more detailing than my Carusos. The Fabric is top notch and the buttons are particularly beautiful. The only strange thing is that mine is partially lined in cotton - not Bemberg and I have no idea why that is.

For the price, I think they're (Sartoria line) an excellent value. I hope they continue to fly under the radar screen...

harburn

Reaction score
Agree the follow-up comments. To be certain it is a Sartoria suit. Not lower Italia line. He sells both. Hard to tell from the photos at times. Sartoria will have workable buttons.

You will get it for $500. Not $400. But, for $500 it is value suit. Good value? Perhaps. I prefer to spend a few more hundred and get a Isaia suit.

I do not regret my purchase. But, would I do it again? No. Brought an Isaia a couple weeks later for $600 and was much happier. Then purchased a used Belvest suit a few more weeks later for $400 and was very happy.

Fit of the suit is only reason that I did not return it. I love the fit. It is slim.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads