• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sartoria Attolini

quintin

Reaction score
Hi,

I just bought an Attolini suit on eBay, but seen the price I doubt about the authenticity. Please have a look at the pictures. Could anyone please let me know if this suit is fake or authentic? Thanks so much!!
smile.gif

Attachment 1329

Attachment 1330

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by quintin
Hi,

I just bought an Attolini suit on eBay, but seen the price I doubt about the authenticity. Please have a look at the pictures. Could anyone please let me know if this suit is fake or authentic? Thanks so much!!
smile.gif

Attachment 1329

Attachment 1330

Since this is your second post on the matter
smile.gif
, it is hard to tell from the pics, especially on my crappy work monitor, but I think you know the answer. When you get the suit, post pics. The first question that jumps out is why no pics of the label on the auction? There is a Sartoria Attolini brand that sells on ebay relatively cheap, it's just not Cesare Attolini.

Roger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
There is a Sartoria Attolini brand that sells on ebay relatively cheap, it's just not Cesare Attolini.
My impression, Ed, has been that there isn't a large price difference between the Sartoria and Cesare Attolini lines. In one thread, a poster even suggested that the Sartoria Attolini line was the more highly-priced, although not by much.

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Since this is your second post on the matter
smile.gif
, it is hard to tell from the pics, especially on my crappy work monitor, but I think you know the answer. When you get the suit, post pics. The first question that jumps out is why no pics of the label on the auction? There is a Sartoria Attolini brand that sells on ebay relatively cheap, it's just not Cesare Attolini.

I think you mean Luciano Attolini is the cheap one,

quintin

Reaction score
That's exactly what I thought too: Luciano Attolini should be a spin-off from the Attolini company with a cheaper label in terms of price.

...But as far as I understood, Sartoria Attolini and Cesare Attolini operate more or less in the same price range.
nod[1].gif

Nevertheless, I am certainly not an expert, and I would like to know if anyone of you with more knowledge could tell me from these pics if this suit is handmade or "cuce a mano" or something "made in Taiwan".
wink.gif

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roger
My impression, Ed, has been that there isn't a large price difference between the Sartoria and Cesare Attolini lines. In one thread, a poster even suggested that the Sartoria Attolini line was the more highly-priced, although not by much.

I'm sorry, my message was not clear. I know Cesare and Sartoria Attolini are one in the same. My comment about the cheap Attolini was in regards to Luciano Attolini, as rssmsvc mentioned, who is not connected to Sartoria Attolini in any way, shape or form. From what I remember reading on Luciano, a poster said that it was a decent suit and worth $200-300, I could be wrong. If the OP got a Sartoria Attolini suit at that price, he should be very happy.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As with others, I believe this is the Luciano Attolini, which is completely different from the well-known Attolini

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
As with others, I believe this is the Luciano Attolini, which is completely different from the well-known Attolini

+1. This has nothing to do whatever with Cesare or Sartoria Attolini.

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's hard to tell from those pictures, but the lapels do not look like those on a typical Attolini (real thing, not Luciano).

demian19003

Reaction score
I realize this is a very old thread, but as I was searching and came across it, thought I'd add some info as all too often these forums are the blind leading the blind..perhaps it will help others.

Attolini is a common name. There are MANY awesome Napolitano tailors, Sicilian tailors, Roman tailors, Tuscan tailors, etc..that nobody hears of.

Most of you people talk the talk, but really know very little of Italy or Italian tailoring.

I have lived here for many years and almost every gentleman who enjoys sartorial and artisan made items has their own tailor...and it is A CLOSE GUARDED SECRET ..let me tell you!!

It is very charming, and a phenomena I have only found in Italy (in my experience). People do not want others using or finding their personal tailors. Although I have never asked, the stereotype is true in this case..

..since times past, artists/artisans have ALWAYS been very secretive. And one can see the similarities and ties from the past with modern Italians. It is one of the few cultures where one can see the people of today and reading a book from the past instantly see the same character of those hundreds of years ago..

Anyway, gentlemen who enjoy style guard their style secrets as well as I believe they do not want someone else to take their style. (Perhaps they don't want their prices going up either ..I really don't know.)

An older, unknown married couple can make the finest sartorial duo and compete and beat many offerings from the most popular names you all so love to drop on everyone..

It is bespoke at its heart, and a concept much revered and admired amongst many great names on Savile Row I might add..names you will never hear of, websites you will not find..

At any rate, Luciano Attolini is not a copy or a fake, but another tailor who has genuinely been around for along time..why should he change his name?
Having the name hurts and helps I suppose.

The suits I have seen are fully canvassed, thinly, with soft shoulders and narrow leg openings, often using fabrics fro Loro Piana, et al..and they are NOT made in China...

As for "worth"..it is marketing really. Worth and cost are two very important and all too often confused concepts.

Do you think a Prada or Versace suit is worth the cost due to their market presence?! Of course not..(I hope)

Why do Ravazzolo go so cheaply as well..? I purchased a recent suit for 50Euro online here in FI...

Arguably, the name probably hurts more than helps (IMHO) as ppl immediately think "copy"...and this is the genuine reason here (and again perhaps why Italians like to keep their tailors a secret).

Anyway, they make a good suit. A lot of handwork, the cut is good..I find them similar to Sartoria Caruso of Parma (should you be familiar) and very similar in all respects to my Isaia and Ravazzolo.

I can't stand people speaking of things without experience, this is for the most part why I hate forums.
One should not scream made in china or fake etc..unless they have some genuine experience.

Otherwise one is simply adding to all the other misinformation and clap trap online..of which there is more than enough.

Regards

Edit: I have been told today that Luciano is indeed a relative of some sort..I hope to find more. This person is knowledgeable and has no reason to lie. At the moment take it for whatever it's worth. I didn't know...but it comes as little surprise. A name like that would be forced to change unless it was a genuine name, relative or not, Italy does not allow the Chinese trickery of name play within sartorial fields..not like this.

Sure we all know how within UK and IT how the fashion game is played, place of production, % actually produced within said country, etc..or creating some italian name to sell clothes although made in China, but this is different. This would never be allowed here.

Luciano Attolini is a genuine Napolitano tailor, and genuinely est. in 1923 in Italy. This could not be falsified here..and these suits are not easy to find which leads me to believe it really is a smaller operation. They are indeed made in Italy, not fabrics sent abroad and made in China.

I hope to update this thread with additional info upon speaking with people in the know here. But take it for whatever it's worth..

Last edited:

demian19003

Reaction score

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads