• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, youโ€™ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sarar

mrri77

Reaction score
I recently received a suit from the company Sarar as a gift. Could anyone here offer any information as to the quality, construction, and value of this brand. Are there clothes conservative or more fashion forward oriented? From what I can tell the suit is fused but the fabric is very nice. I am debating whether to keep it or have a friend return it for me since I do not live close to any of their stores. There is not much information on the web on this brand or their clothing and I would appreciate of anyone could offer some. Thanks.

pfunk

Reaction score
Sarar is a Turkish based clothing manufacturer. They make a lot of the suits for Hugo Boss. Quality wise, its fused but with decent fashion forward fabrics. The problem is, their cut is huge! I think everything is 1 size up. If the suit fits, then it is a good value. The suit sells for $3-400. At that price point, you probably won't do any better.

I tend to like their shirts. For about $40, you get 100's fabric with pattern matching, split yokes, and thick imitation mop buttons.

mrchapel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pfunk
Sarar is a Turkish based clothing manufacturer. They make a lot of the suits for Hugo Boss. Quality wise, its fused but with decent fashion forward fabrics. The problem is, their cut is huge! I think everything is 1 size up. If the suit fits, then it is a good value. The suit sells for $3-400. At that price point, you probably won't do any better.

I tend to like their shirts. For about $40, you get 100's fabric with pattern matching, split yokes, and thick imitation mop buttons.

Do you know where they can be bought? Those shirts you described sound interesting. Any online shops?

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
The only place I've ever seen them is an outlet store in Germany. There are three or four levels of quality, the uppermost of which is fully canvassed. In the outlet these go for IIRC 400 euros or so, maybe less. Cuts are conservative but decent, colors are safe. Didn't examine the shirts in detail but the styling is nice. Same goes for ties, construction is nothing special. However, both shirts and ties colors follow the British sensibility, which I happen to like. Lots of patterns and bright colors paired together.

Tom

Shpirt

Reaction score
I was just at the Las Vegas store - I agree that I do really like their shirts. I wear mostly french cuff - and the cuffs on Sarar shirts are big, pronounced, about 4 inches of cuff once folded and dare big, allowing even my thicker watches to fit under them. highly recommended shirts. I will post pics of a few of them once I have a chance to wear them again.

Shpirt

Reaction score
I found a pic of one of the shirts I was wearing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads