1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Sarah Silverman

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by zillka, Mar 8, 2010.

1. zillka

zillka Senior member

do people still think she's actually funny?

if i wanted somewhat dirty jokes with at least some social commentary, i can tune to old south park or throw on some carlin

if i wanted brainless slapstick that's actually funny i'd throw on some lisa lampenilli

but why would anyone want to hear cursing for the sake of cursing, no wit or context, and try to call itself comedy by milking kimmel (another tired act)? what's stopping me from entering any 3rd grade classroom in America to listen to the same crap for free, save the pedophilia aspect?

are there any soccer moms left who still deem themselves 'hip and edgy' in their kohl's jeans by faux-approving of her just because she curses, yet they find stern who actually formulates opinions jokes asides, too appalling?

2. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

do people still think she's actually funny?

if i wanted somewhat dirty jokes with at least some social commentary, i can tune to old south park or throw on some carlin

if i wanted brainless slapstick that's actually funny i'd throw on some lisa lampenilli

but why would anyone want to hear cursing for the sake of cursing, no wit or context, and try to call itself comedy by milking kimmel (another tired act)? what's stopping me from entering any 3rd grade classroom in America to listen to the same crap for free, save the pedophilia aspect?

are there any soccer moms left who still deem themselves 'hip and edgy' in their kohl's jeans by faux-approving of her just because she curses, yet they find stern who actually formulates opinions jokes asides, too appalling?

So true, she was out once that well ran dry.

3. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

Apparently her editor wanted her to name her book: "The Kike Runner."

4. Sherlockian

Sherlockian Senior member

Only watched a few minutes of her show once. It did nothing for me.

That said, I did find her strangely alluring; would probably hit it, then leave before she woke up and make sure I never called again.

5. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

She is one of the few people in the entertainment industry that I just can't stand. Every time I see her on television it makes my skin crawl. I can't understand why anyone would find her funny or entertaining in any way.

6. Pezzaturra

Pezzaturra Senior member

Should be drowned together with SJP

7. audiophilia

audiophilia Senior member

8. zillka

zillka Senior member

Should be drowned together with SJP

i feel a part of SJP at least knows she's horse face..

it seems with SS, she may actually believe in her own lie that she's funny.

9. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

She is one of the few people in the entertainment industry that I just can't stand. Every time I see her on television it makes my skin crawl. I can't understand why anyone would find her funny or entertaining in any way.

I'm with you on that. She sucks

10. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

11. Mr T

Mr T Senior member

I admit it. I find her funny and hot. I can't explain it other than I have questionable taste in women and comedians.

12. ChicagoRon

ChicagoRon Senior member

I admit it. I find her funny and hot. I can't explain it other than I have questionable taste in women and comedians.
    +1 - she's my ideal woman... except that she once said wiping her ass is like trying to get bubble gum out of a shag carpet. I can overlook that.

13. willpower

willpower Senior member

Much funnier than Dane Cook or Dimitri Martin. Then again, so is bubonic plague.

14. CDFS

CDFS Senior member

I admit it. I find her funny and hot.

This.

15. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

I bought "Jesus is Magic" based on the AIDS/LemonAIDS line (which I thought was really funny) and her brilliant, brilliant turn in "The Aristocrats." So I had high hopes. I watched about 30 minutes of it, failed to laugh even once, and I haven't finished it. Awful.

Still, would probably hit. She gets worse and weirder looking every day. Would definitely have hit 3-5 years ago.

16. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I like the AIDS one here:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

17. hossoso

hossoso Senior member

She is better than Lisa Lampanelli. "Queen of Mean"? I would make her cry. The "off-limits" comedy thing is a joke-no pun intended-when you realize that you can just say anything about a person and get away with it. When it's no holds barred... shit, everybody wins.

18. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Much funnier than Dane Cook or Dimitri Martin. Then again, so is bubonic plague.

Dmitiri Martin's show is frighteningly unfunny. How did it get another season?

Sarah's show is still popular with college aged kids and anyone who likes to watches tv drunk/stoned. Dmitri's show would probably still put me to sleep while stoned/drunk

19. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

She's rather boring, predictable and trite IMO.

20. ChicagoRon

ChicagoRon Senior member

She's rather boring, predictable and trite IMO.
    No girl is boring, trite, predictable, or ugly with my dick in her mouth [​IMG] .. I'm just sayin'. I saw Brian Posehn recently..... great show. At the beginning he said "I'm pretty much a loser, so I'll probably be at the bar next door later and you can talk to me, especially if you have some weed and you want to get me high in the parking lot... but just don't ask me how you can get a date with Sarah Silverman... you can't. And even if you could, I probably can't help you." It was like he read my mind. Full disclosure: IF she were not Jewish, I might not be so infatuated with her.